Oct 12, 2009

The Party

So Kyrie and her bff, Felicity, had a joint birthday party again this year. They have so much fun doing it that I’m glad it keeps working out. They did a lot of the planning this year which was nice for the moms. Here’s some photos to enjoy.

I believe this to be one of the coolest cakes ever done by a 13 yo. Kyr’s been doing some cake decorating with one of the ladies in our ward (who is moving away!!!) and planned to do this one with her but had to cancel. Kyrie decided to make her cake a literal cake wreck and I thought it came out fantastic. I had some nerds & pixie sticks that she used to make the rubble. She did every bit of this by herself from making the cake to making the frosting, all the decorating, etc. While she may not be ready to make highly-formal, complex wedding cakes yet, she can make a rockin’ birthday cake that amused everyone who saw it. Poor little Mini Cooper.

IMG_3007

Here’s a shot from their badminton (or something similar) game. That’s Jessica in the middle and Felicity on the right.

IMG_3036

Rob & Kyrie made this piñata because Kyr & Felicity thought it would be fun to beat up Edward Cullen (at least the movie version since neither of them are allowed to read the books yet). :-) She tried to paint the face on but that didn’t go well so we just printed out a shot from online and she glued it on. The girls had a great time.

IMG_3063  The little princesses getting ready to open their presents, wearing their wicked awesome money crowns.

IMG_3075

These were awesome homeschool-nerd shirts made by Elisabeth, Erin, and Avonlea.

IMG_3080

Here’s Kyrie & Felicity showing off the matching gloves that Kyrie bought as a present. They’re doing Spirit Fingers, just so everyone knows. Kyrie’s duct-tape facial “hair” is from an earlier present.

IMG_3114

It was a fun party. Lauralyn did an awesome job getting things ready and being sure the girls had reasonably realistic plans. Thanks to all who came.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Teenagers at last!!! What a fun party and a great cake!!!

Teresa said...

They are so funny! Sounds like they had a lot of fun. Happy birthday girls!! The cake looks great;-)

Dean's Parents said...

Happy Birthday Kyrie!!!! I know this sounds super sappy but I'm in tears! The last time I saw Kyrie was when she was 3 months old! How is it possible that she grew up to be such a beautiful young lady?! Oh and BRAVO for not letting her those books. Seriously, kids need to read more interesting and educational things.