Mar 3, 2007

Fun weekend

Hey, everyone. Hope ya'll are having a nice weekend. We've been having fun pretty much this whole week. Kyrie & I have had fun visiting with Leslie's family and GETTING TO SEE JOSH!!! We'd begun to wonder if he was a figment of our imagination but he's real. Last Saturday, Rob flew down to New Orleans to drive back with Josh (who doesn't do too well with long-distance driving and staying awake). Leslie and I have made it a habit to meet up at Culver's for lunch whenever she's coming up to visit us. We did it again after Josh got home so we could get him hooked on all our favorites there. The trip spawned a few really-cute pix that you can see at picasaweb.google.com/siouxsie.eli along with a few others from February.
Kyrie enjoyed a long-awaited sleepover with her best friend, Felicity, on Friday. Rob & I went over and spent the evening hanging out with Norm & Lauralyn. You know, if your daughter is going to have a super-close best friend, it works out to be very convenient if you're extremely good friends with said friend's parents. We had lots of fun and everyone stayed up too late and there was delicious chocolate cake to be had by all. Woohoo!
Rob's found some more rock to put in our yard since our first attempt at rock borders & such is breaking down. It was rock dug up at a nearby construction site and has turned out to be very crumbly. I'm not sure where this new stuff came from exactly but it will hopefully survive a little longer. Our poor little car was sure weighed down carrying it home. Rob had lots of fun a few weekends ago moving our dying tree into the back yard where it can live or die as it wishes. We intend to put a new tree in the front to replace it but we'll see how soon that happens. It's fun to see how much he enjoys doing stuff in the yard now that we have one and intend to keep it for many years to come. It's also fun to see him like it so much because I don't and then I don't feel one bit bad about it. :-)
Well, I mostly just wanted to mention that we had new pictures up so consider the extra rambling a bonus...or punishment. Whatever suits you best is fine with me. Peace out, yo. (ha, ha)

2 comments:

Becca, Dan & Elliot said...

Cute cute pictures!! Never too many pictures. Kyrie is getting so big and old!! You've never done a peel off facial before? That seems very strange. Love you.

Jay said...

I'm so sad that yall weren't able to make it to Irish Festival. :( We missed yall!