Feb 22, 2007

Mr. Hornblower

As many of you may know, our household is a living monument to the Horatio Hornblower series of movies done by A&E, starring Ioan Gruffudd. Well, monument may be too strong a word...but so might living. Anyway, we really enjoy those movies & really like Ioan as an actor. I just happened to see a very brief preview of his new movie, Amazing Grace. It looked very interesting. It's the story behind the hymn, Amazing Grace. Ioan plays a man in 18th century England who is battling his way through Parliament in an attempt to end slavery in England. It looks like a gorgeous movie...and no, I'm not referring to Ioan. :-) The costuming looks awesome. It's also rated PG which I'm very pleased to see since there isn't enough of that these days. It opens tomorrow and I hope we'll go see it soon. I'll let you know if we make it. We owe Kyr a viewing of "Bridge to Terabithia" already.
Rob's been having a really fun week this go around. Monday was a fairly normal day but both Tuesday & Wednesday started at the normal time of 8 am but didn't end until after 11 pm. Tonight looks like it may go until 2 am or so. Luckily, he'll be able to get off early tomorrow so he can have some time to sleep before he flies down to New Orleans Saturday morning to travel back with my brother-in-law who has been there for almost 2 months. (Josh has problems staying awake if he drives very long.) While we've missed seeing Rob much, I will just say that I'm quite happy for getting paid by the hour! Woohoo!!

4 comments:

Secret Agent Crazy-Person said...

Go Ioan Gruffudd!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca, Dan & Elliot said...

Unfortunately I have not had the honor of seeing Horatio Hornblower but I look forward to hearing if the movie he's(Ioan Gruffudd...not Horatio Hornblower)in is any good. I imagine you'll probably think it's good regardless of the plot?
That's very nice of your hubby to fly down there to drive back with Josh. He's a busy man.

Margie the Pickle Princess said...

Man, Lawrence scoured all kinds of stores looking for that Horatio Hornblower series. I woulda just ordered it off Amazon.

Teresa said...

Becca hasn't seen Horatio HOrnblower?!! It's not very good. I don't like it at all. I don't have all the DVD's (okay, so I really do). I'm excited to see the movie too! Hope Rob was well rested today for the flight/drive. Love you!