Jul 2, 2007

The Baby Ani is Coming!!

You know, when you have gads of big sisters who are all quite a bit older than you, I think you end up living with the lifelong curse of being "the baby sister" regardless of the age you achieve. Such is the lot of the youngest in our family. My mom's pregnancy with Ani was announced my first semester away to college. She was born the day after my first post-mission date with Rob, shortly before I turned 19. She was 10 months old when we got married. She is about 8 years younger than the next youngest sister so she has an interesting life. She is both from a large family and sort of an only child. She is from a family full of sisters but also has brothers (-in-law). She is almost as cute today at 15 as she was so many years ago as a cute, wittle, teeny, tiny baby (who was fought over like crazy). So the point of this all is that she is coming to visit for THREE WEEKS!! Woohoo!! We are so excited that she'll get to be here so long and without the parents. The truth is that I'm really looking forward to this concentrated amount of time with her since I left the house when she was so little. I saw her more when we lived in Utah but she was still very small then, like 3 or so.
Terri & I are going to pick her up tomorrow and laugh at the fact that she's so much taller than us. We look forward to late nights & silly craft projects & telling horridly embarrassing stories about other people.
We enjoyed this last weekend and hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well. Rob's been working so crazy that we've not had much family time. He & Kyr replaced my car stereo which is so nice now. We went and saw "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" which we enjoyed. We enjoyed a nice Sunday. I wasn't quite as busy in Primary and was really able to enjoy the smaller group of kids a lot. Of course, I was busy doing the sharing time lesson for the first few weeks that the other ladies were running around crazy and getting things organized so I'm seeing a pretty smoothed out version. We really enjoy having church earlier in the day than before (11 am instead of 2:30 pm) so that we have some time after church to enjoy the Sabbath day. Even when we switch to 1 pm, I think we'll still enjoy it because it's so much better than 2:30. :-)
Oh, and everyone is feeling better, particularly me. Kyr didn't actually have strep but her little throat ickiness is all better, too. Rob managed to mostly escape it.
Hope everyone's feeling well and happy!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

CDBB CDQTBB. Remember that? We were such dorks. Maybe we should get a timer for Ani. I'll get her at my house for five minutes, then you can have her at your house for five minutes, then to Leslie's house for five minutes. Maybe we should concentrate Leslie's time all in one visit though. That would waste a lot of gas to drive down there repeatedly. I'm 13.5 yrs older than the little pickle. Can't wait to see Ani!!

Becca said...

Yes yes! CDBB....can't forget that. It must have been really weird for Ani to be raised by us. We're still obsessed with her. I don't really like to throw her in the arm anymore. It's really hard to throw someone taller than you. I'm 40 days shy of being 10 years older than Ani. Hope you guys have fun!
Glad everyone is feeling better!

Charisse said...

Sounds like you guys are going to have fun. Glad you are feeling better.
Love Charisse