Well, we've had a very nice Labor-Day holiday this year. We had a visit from my sister, Leslie's family which was so fun. Of course, I took virtually no pictures so I'll have to see if Terri has some. Pictures or no, we had a delightful time. My Walker nieces and nephews get more and more fun every time I see them. They are wonderful, interesting and weird little people. I must confess that I was especially tickled by funny baby, Grant. We were all amused by surprising number of similarities between him and Tylerboy as far as little hand movements and some other funny things. Grant has a very entertaining quirk I've not really seen in another baby do. He spends a great deal of his waking hours puttering around the room, muttering conversationally to himself. He doesn't say any actual words but he has a very conversational rhythm to his babbles. It is so funny and almost painfully cute. I quite enjoyed being a target of his babbling. I'd walk in the room and he'd head straight for me to tell me about whatever it was his little mind was wandering around on. I thoroughly enjoyed having 2 sweet baby boys to make squeal and giggle. They were SOOOOO cute together, running around in their diapers. So cute.
We also really enjoyed Joshua, Rea and Hatty. We had missed Hatty's birthday so I bought her a little card of earrings. When I gave them to her, I told her that she could give them to Mommy after she was done looking at them so they'd be sure to make it back to their house. Well, about 2 hours later, she was still not done looking at them :-) so I guess she liked the present ok. Hee, hee. We also got a card of earrings for Rea's whose birthday is coming up. I like earning a good hug. Joshua had fun playing some Age of Empires with Kyrie which I'm sure will become a regular occurrence during visits.
It was so fun to spend time with Leslie & Josh. We definitely had some exciting times hearing their story of their house's tangle with some lightning. The lightning decided to hit their house and their house decided to let it. It led to a 3-foot hole in the roof, a dead washing machine & garage door opener, a messed up TV, a fried cable modem and some other fun. It happened just a couple of days before they headed up to see us so they're still continuing to discover the full extent of their excitement.
I'm actually pretty tired and have a tendency to be really, really boring when I am so I'm going to sign off with this. Hope everyone had a fantastically wonderful holiday weekend.
3 comments:
Grant sounds so cute! I really really wish I could see him. His babbling sounds adorable. Good job getting a good present for Hatty. I'm glad she liked the earring so much. I can't believe Joshua is old enough to play Age of Empires! I'm very jealous of all of you and your visiting. I'm glad you had a fun time!!
Hey Siouxsie!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time and Grant does sound very amusing. The earrings WERE a hit! What a fun filled weekend.
Well, will check on you later.
Love Charisse
Grant's babbling was SO cute!! I loved it. It was great having them come. I didn't really take many pictures either. The only ones I took were of Josh's hair. I think I might ahve a couple of the babies, but they weren't very good. You and I are losers.
Love you!
Post a Comment