Jul 31, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

Well, I'm a few days late but better than no getting to it at all...as of July 24, our marriage is old enough to drive and date. Woohoo!! I was trying to find a picture from when we were married but I guess I am not currently aware of the location of such an item. I'll keep an eye out for it, though.

Mostly, I just really wanted to say how happy I am to be married to Rob. He has shown himself to be a fantastic husband in so many ways over these years. He has tried so hard to do whatever he could think of to help me be happy and to deal with some of the massive emotional stresses I've encountered over the years. To be honest, I know there is a lot of stress and frustration that he carried through those times that I'll never be able to pay him back for but it sure is fun to try. He's also been such a great provider, spending many years working jobs he didn't enjoy at all to provide for our family and keep me at home with Kyrie. I'm glad that he's been able to have many years of enjoying his job now and hopefully it will always be so.

It's been so interesting to watch the person Rob has developed into over these years. So much of what was potential in that young returned missionary has become a significant part of his character and personality. One of my favorite things about him was that I could tell he wasn't happy to just leave things how they were; he wanted them to improve and move forward even if he didn't always know how that was going to happen. He's definitely seems to have a knack for taking advantages of those pivotal moments that can make or break a life. He makes me want to do and be better because it's so fun to be working on good things together.

I am so glad that I've gotten the chance to know him the way that only 16 years of marriage can let you know someone. I always snicker when I hear someone say of their spouse, "I love him/her as much today as the day we got married." Really? That's it? I mean, I get what they mean to say but I could never say that was true. I love my man so beyond that that it really pales in comparison. I surely did love him then but how can I not love him 1000 times more now that I know him that much better. The longer we're married, the more excited I am for what is to come for us. I just like that boy so darn much!

Sorry to go on so long but this is, of course, just the tip of the iceberg really. So Happy Anniversary to you, Robby-san. I love you. And to all of the couples who are reading this, happy anniversary to you whenever it is. May every one of them be better than the ones before.

9 comments:

Jay said...

I know exactly what you mean. That's why I so love the lyrics to the song by Spiral Staircase (yes, I'm about to post lyrics in a comment - sorry!!):

More Today Than Yesterday
(by Spiral Starecase)

I don't remember what day it was
I didn't notice what time it was
All I know is that I fell in love with you
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you

Every day's a new day in love with you
With each day comes a new way of loving you
Every time I kiss your lips my mind starts to wander
And if all my dreams come true
I'll be spending time with you

Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But, darling, not as much as tomorrow

Tomorrow's date means springtime's just a day away
Cupid, we don't need ya now, be on your way
I thank the lord for love like ours that grows ever stronger
And I always will be true
I know you feel the same way too

Oh, I love you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
I love you more today than yesterday
But only half as much as tomorrow

Becca said...

I wondered if you were going to post an entry about your anniversary. ;-)
Ha, that made me laugh that you said that your marriage is old enough to drive and date!
You might want to be careful, from what you said in your blog entry, it sounds like you actually like your husband. :-)

It would be weird, and shallow, if you loved Robby as much as you did when you met him. It seems odd for someone to be proud to say, "Hey, our love hasn't grown at all from day one." Although they probably don't mean it like that. Regardless, I'm glad you love Robby more and more! You do have a great hubby! Which is nice for me because then I get a fun bro-in-law.
Love you guys!
Happy Anniversary!

Melissa-Mc said...

Happy Anniversary! Rob is a great guy. What a blessing to have a happy marriage. So many people don't. Our 14th is in 2 weeks.

LokRobster said...

Hey Lady Suzannah!

Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Love you!

Tonya said...

Happy anniversary! 16 years is a long time. WOW! Matt and I just celebrated our 11th and if we can make it that long we can definately stick together forever:0) I wouldn't want it any other way. You can feel the love and giddiness you still feel for your husband while reading this post.Very cute!

4sweetboys1princess said...

Happy Anniversary, oh, and I love your cross-stitch.

Teresa said...

Happy Anniversary! That was very sweet;-) It almost seems like you like him. Only a man like this (see link below), could fit you so well:
http://tinyurl.com/lokbobster

Love you!
Turk
PS: What can I say? It's seriously one of my most favorite photos of him.

Charisse said...

Happy Anniversary! You said some really sweet things! Congratulations on 16 years. I know what you mean. I love Alan more than when I first met him!
Love ya,
Charisse

Rich said...

CONGRATS!! That's awesome! And here's to having many, many more anniversaries! :)