Jul 11, 2008

In the Leafy Tree Tops

So, we have the newest addition to my cross stitch project:

IMG_3042

This is about half of the greenery content of this project. I'm just about out of specific pieces to cross stitch so it'll be general areas from now on. I just am really enjoying this project so much. I just can't say enough about how much it helps to have a scroll frame and a stand to do the work with. It really makes it so much more enjoyable. I'm not sure I'm ever going to put my cross stitch away again. I'll just always have to keep it handy for those moments that I find in the day for it. (Don't you love the way I say "moments" like it's not really hours.)

Speaking of leafy things, here's a fun shot:

IMG_3040

Gee, I wonder who could have grown this corn in our very own back yard?!?! That's right...it's Gardening Rob. He wasn't really sure when to pick it so he finally tried some and now realizes that he has probably waited a little on the long end. It is still delicious, particularly so since he grew it his very own self...and looked mighty cute doing it, too.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Love the cross-stitch! It looks very nice!! The corn looks yummy...especially yummy since it was self-grown:-)

Becca said...

You're cruising right along with your cross-stitch. Looking good. Gardening Rob did a great job. I LOVE corn on the cob, I wish I wasn't allergic to corn.

Melissa-Mc said...

I've never used a scroll frame and stand. I'll have to try it.

Tonya said...

I am amazed at how far you have come along on your cross-stitch! I don't feel like I could even have the patience to do something like that at this point in my life.

Charisse said...

The cross stitch looks great!
Hmmm...the corn looks scrumptious!!!! I love that word....SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!
Love Charisse

Charisse said...

Congratulations on being a new Aunt AGAIN!!!
Love Charisse