Yeah, right, the regular weekly post. That could happen…but it hasn’t. I’m not even sure I’ll go so far as to say that it’s a goal but we’ll see what happens. :-)
Things have been fun this week. We definitely enjoyed our 3-day weekend with Labor Day in there. We spent our morning/early afternoon hanging at our house and then went over to the Aaron’s for the rest of the day. It was a very pleasant and relaxing visit.
We continue to be hopeful that we’ll get a trip to Virginia. Rob said it’s sounding like they might want him to go as soon as they close the deal which could mean a trip this fall instead of next spring. We’ll see how it all works out but it sure would be fun. I imagine that to be a lovely area to enjoy the autumn season which I love even in Texas…as long as I get the fall weather.
Kyrie had fun this week. She got to color her hair. She did it one other time but it was very subtle, as was my intent. This one has a little more zing on it but still is quite conservative. Part of it is my wish to give her something crazier to do when she’s older that is still pretty mild. If she can color her hair just about anything she wants now, there won’t be anywhere not-crazy to go later. :-) Also, until she can be relied upon to maintain her color, I don’t want her to do stuff to it that will help it look mucky. And for people who point out that hair coloring is by no means a required rite of passage into adolescence, I would remind them who her mother is. Yes, me, the lady who had rarely since her natural hair color since before she was Kyrie’s age. It’s not necessary, but it’s a pretty ingrained life experience. This color came out really nice. She loves it and I love it. So here’s the before of my beautiful dear. I think her hair, especially the summer-sunned parts of her hair, looked a little lighter in real life:
And then here is the after. Once again, I think the picture looks a touch darker than it really looks but it’s close:
Don’t you love how much her serious, solemn nature really comes out? Ha, ha!
She & Rob went to Sanger’s annual town celebration yesterday. They brought Kyr’s bff, Felicity, too. It was much fun. They brought me back some kettle corn (yummy). Kyrie bought me these beautiful wood flowers:
I have never seen such things before and think they’re quite perfectly me. She chose the colors all out and they were perfect. My living room is olive walls with dark red accents. I love dark brown as well (bedroom walls) so this is perfectly my color scheme of choice. Rob thought she’d bought it as a set so he was also impressed with the perfect color choice.
I’ve been having fun working on a big scrapbooking project. For all my interest in digital scrapbooking, I have not yet done anything substantial. I think I’ve made 4 pages and that’s about it. I have, however, made many handouts & posters for church so I’ve gotten to use some of my techniques and skills for that. I’m looking forward to getting a full photo book done, though, so that’s been super fun. It has also led me to make yet another font-sample book. I’m addicted to the fonts from http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/ where they take people’s submitted handwriting samples and turn them into fonts for free!! It’s so fun. My sister, Terri, and sis-in-law, Jay, both had theirs done. I realized, though, that there are just too many and I need a printed out something to look through so I did that for all my fonts. I won’t discuss how many hours I spent on it but it’s 67 pages long (with each font getting 3 lines of varying heights) and so pretty. I can get back to scrapbooking now.
I’m also seriously looking forward to my mom’s upcoming visit. I’ve gotten a little more at peace with the fact that I’m just not going to be able to get my house as clean as I wish it would be before she gets here. In the last few weeks, I feel like I’ve kind of had a breakthrough of not feeling quite so defeated by how much stuff is in my house. I mean, its messiness/clutteriness is still very frustrating to me but it doesn’t make me feel so immobilized. Please don’t take this to mean it’s magically cleaning itself, though. It does mean that I am being able to actually do some good work on getting some of those piles of clutter cleaned up, not just restacked. Hopefully, I’ll be able to hang on to this feeling long enough to make some serious improvements. And no matter what, MY MOM’S COMING TO VISIT!! What fun we will have.
Hope everyone has a great week.
3 comments:
Those roses are great. How sweet of Kyrie to pick them out for you. Have a fun visit with your mom.
Hey you! Thanks for leaving a comment so I could find your new blog:0) I am loving the wood roses. Until you said they were wood I thought they were real...just very perfect roses. Have A BLAST with your Mom.
It's really interesting how the hair color changed Kyrie's facial expression. What brand did you use? It looks lovely but I don't envy the process of coloring all those curls. Guess you're used to doing that though. Can't wait to see you all and enjoy your company. Love you.
Post a Comment