So today we had the chance to drive down to Grand Prairie (a little over an hour away) and see our niece, Charli, get blessed. (Charli is Ian & Nikki’s super cute daughter. I don’t know the name of their normal-cute daughter. Ha, ha! J/K. They just have the one.) It turned out to be a slightly comical day because they had way more people than normal there and not because of the two baby blessings that day. Apparently, a lot of BYU fans came down to watch BYU pull off a miracle and beat OU. I guess they were so impressed that they decided to come to church before they went home. :-)
Anyways, it was a lovely day and so wonderful to see Ian give Charli her blessing. She was quiet through most of it but then started caterwauling near the end. Now we haven’t seen Charli since she was just about a week old so she has changed SO much…and it’s all cute. She has a very charming smile and cute scowling eyebrows at times. She makes the cutest sounds that show how much fun she is having trying out that voice of hers. It really is so funny.
We had a fun get-together at Ian & Nikki’s after church. Matt, Jay & Vee, as well as Rob’s parents, had been at the church with us. When we got to the house, Chris, Meggan, Maude & Aaron were there so it was quite the gathering. An old friend of Rob’s from his pre-mission days came over as well which was so fun. Tandy and I have much in common and she is a delightful lady. It was just a really great day of eating, talking and making babies smile.
I feel deep shame that I didn’t get a picture of the three nieces together but I’m just a LOSER!! I did get some cute shots in, though. Here’s one of Vee, peeking out from under the table to hide from me. Just look at those blue eyes!!
Here’s a couple of Miss Charli Jade.
I love those scowly eyebrows.
And here’s my favorite photo of the day. I know I’m a biased mom but I must confess that I think my daughter is beautiful. I love to look at her. She had quite the day with Charli, keeping her highly entertained. Right before we left, I got this photo. Isn’t she a beauty?
1 comment:
Kyrie radiates beauty from within. What a darling girl and I look forward to seeing her soon. The babies are nice too.
Post a Comment