Apr 24, 2010

New Tree

So our stinky builder-provided trees died some time back and we’ve been wanting to get a new one for a couple of years yet have failed to follow through. Enter one of our Young Men’s Eagle project involving the discounted purchase of trees. Here is the result:

IMG_3602

I’m not sure this really shows how tall it looks but you get the idea. We did pay a little more to get a bigger tree to catch up with our neighbors who have been growing their trees for like 4 years. It’s nice to finally get it done so we can get closer to enjoying a great big huge tree later. I love live oaks. Oh, and we decided to name this tree Marcus Cole. We’ll just call it Marcus. For all you fellow Babylon 5 fans out there, you can appreciate our memorial tree. For those of you who aren’t, if I explain it, you’ll just think I’m silly. ;-)

And for those who haven’t seen our front yard, here’s a shot of the feature that sets our front yard apart from those around us:

IMG_3606

It’s our very own little Stonehenge…although it’s really more the symbol for pi with rocks around it. We thought it’d be funny to make little blue figures dancing around it or something else pagan but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. :-)

2 comments:

Grace said...

i love your stonehedge! fun :) working in the yard can be interesting too...I am trying to find a couple of trees to put in our yard.

Vicky said...

LOVE live oak trees. Yours looks great. I've always liked your pi.