May 4, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

I know, I know; I hate the Beatles but the song title was too good to pass on. Plus I was thinking of the Candyflip cover rather than the original. :-)

Rob has done a lot of work on our garden over the last three years. We’ve had some fun with it but, this year, we’ve had a smashing success in strawberries. I love the way strawberry plants look when blossoming and then fruiting. They’re just so vibrant and yummy looking. I’ve already made some freezer jam and Rob said there’s tons more to pick but I just had to share a few pictures.

Here’s the section of our garden that Rob’s allowed the strawberries to take over. If you look closely, you can see strawberries peeking out in several places.

IMG_3623

IMG_3628 IMG_3627

It’s all so cute. When Rob went out to take these pictures, he also noticed that we were having quite the ladybug population. He tried to take a photo of one and thought he’d missed it. When he went back and zoomed in, he discovered he’d caught this neat shot:

IMG_3619

I really appreciate all the work he puts into growing stuff for us. As many of you know, I’m a somewhat (aka insanely) picky eater. He is so sweet to try to pick lots of things he knows I’ll enjoy…the strawberries, yummy cantaloupe and the only green thing I LOVE to eat…cilantro, herb of the gods. It’s really fun to enjoy the benefits of a garden without having to go outside. :-)

Tomorrow (or sometime fairly soon), pictures from Scarborough Faire’s Student Days. And May the Fourth Be With You! (Yes, I’m going to say it every single year.)

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, the ladybug shot is so cool!

Chrystal said...

YUM! I wish I didn't live in a tiny little apartment....I want a garden!

And yeah, awesoem ladybug picture! Way to go, Rob! :)

Kim said...

That ladybug photo is amazing! Rob should submit that to a photo contest. What a great representation of Summer! How sweet that he grows yummy things for you.