Oct 3, 2010

Robby’s 40!! Say what?!!?

So my old man is a little older…and wiser…and more handsome…and funnier…and smarter…and sweeter…and just more all-around wonderful. I know his birthday was Aug 16 but, as I said in my last post, I’m working on catching up. I would just skip it for this year but he deserves this kind of public humiliation…I mean, adoration.

We also celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary at the end of July. Our anniversary and his birthday always seem very intertwined to me since they’re really celebrating the same thing in my mind…my Robby boy.

I laugh to think of how long 18 years of marriage used to seem to me when I was a young ‘un. Now it just seems like a beginning. We still learn so much fun stuff about each other that we didn’t know or that has changed a bit since we got married when we were almost kids. One thing I learned this year is that Rob likes Duran Duran. I always thought he hated them because he’d always tell me about how they’d tease girls at school by muttering “Duran Duran Duran Duran…” under their breath. He pointed out to me that teasing about something doesn’t mean you don’t like it. So true.

I’ve also learned that he can get more generous, patient, loving and romantic all these years later. I’ve learned that more than ever, he is truly my very best friend. When I think of home, I think of him. When I think of the cutest boy I know, I also think of him. When I think of meat, I think of either him or Texas Roadhouse, depending on how hungry I am. :-)

With my diabetes diagnosis, I’ve been reminded how vital he is to my emotional and mental stability. Just having a good cry on his shoulder makes the world feeling much more in control. I know he wishes he could somehow fix the world for me but him being in it makes it just fine.

I’m so thankful to have him as my main man. I look forward to confusing him for many years to come. Eternity is such a nice thought with him around. I love you, Darling Husband!

4 comments:

S & C said...

So sweet!

Lys said...

Cute blog! I'm gonna start "following." (Just so ya know)

--Rose

Siouxsie said...

I love stalkers. :)

Kim said...

I love that y'all are still so in love after all these years. (18!?!?!!! - Awesome!)He's always been such a great guy and I'm so glad that you found each other and you are so happy together.