Dec 5, 2010

Catching Up: Kyrie’s Birthday

It was a couple of weeks late but Kyrie had a great birthday party to celebrate turning FOURTEEN!! While she missed out on a couple of friends, she had a great turnout. It was so fun!! I will confess that I don’t really love throwing birthday parties for little kids. It was much more fun to me to plan it all out, get everything ready and then let Rob herd the children around. At this age, the children are self herding! What could be better? We’ve decided to try to do this more often, whether or not we have a reason.

For her cake, we made a layer of brownies topped with homemade chocolate whipped cream, ice cream sandwiches and then another layer of the chocolate whipped cream. She was going to decorate it with brownie frosting but didn’t have any ideas so I did this:

KyrTurns14-9

Yes, we know those look like poop swirls. That was on purpose as a nod to Kyrie’s beloved Cake Wrecks blog where they have those but not on purpose. :-)

We also had fun with a craft. I’d sewn denim hearts about 10-12” tall with a layer of batting. I had all sorts of buttons along with felt/fabric hearts & flowers I’d die cut for them to sew on. In the end, it would be a slightly poofy wall hanging thing. They did some super cute ones that I meant to take pictures of but totally didn’t. They watched Princess Bride as they sewed and giggled. There was much group quoting.

Just before they left, we got a few group pictures. The first is the nice face. Unfortunately, it’s a bit blurry but the best one we had:

KyrTurns14-61

The next is the silly face shot:

KyrTurns14-62

And now the gansta shot, featuring the Gangsta Rubber Ducky:

KyrTurns14-65

These are some silly girls and they are awesome! I didn’t know 3 hours could seem so short.

And happy birthday to my sweet, funny, beautiful girl. I wouldn’t trade you for anything less than $1,000,000. ;-)

No comments: