May 8, 2011

Ain’t that a twist of…ankle

So I had a little fun as we arrived at church this morning. I went into the Relief Society room to add a baby announcement to the bulletin board. (Some dear friends of ours in our ward were able to adopt a little boy. WOOT!!) As I was stepping back off the chair, I stepped down on my shoe, sideways went the ankle and down went me. After a few minutes of gasping and making weird whimpering noises, I was able to reach my phone on the table and text Rob to come back and help me. I couldn’t really put any weight on it so it was a little interesting getting out to the car. Luckily, one of the brothers in our ward was coming out to his car for something and was able to help Rob help me out to the car. Once we got home, I was very thankful for my wheeled office chair. Thank you to Kristi for the loan of crutches!

I was very sorry to miss Kyrie and the other YW singing a special Mother’s Day song. After church, she gave me a very sweet Mother’s Day present. She & Rob had gone to Scarborough Faire’s Student Days earlier this week and found me some yummy-smelling handmade soaps. I love those kinds of soaps and she picked out some fantastic scents. She also decided the little wrappers they came in weren’t cute enough and designed her own. That might be my favorite part.

I’m also very thankful on this Mother’s Day for my sweet mom from whom I learned so many of my good traits and interests and habits…specifically those relating to silliness and crafting. :-) I love you, Mom. I’m so glad to be your daughter and your friend. Thank you for the sacrifice of your mental faculties so that all your children could be smarter than you and have things to tease you about. Thank you for the ever-growing supply of silly-things-Mom-did stories that liven all of our family get-togethers. Thank you for your examples of how to use food storage (and cinder blocks) as furniture. Thank you for teaching us the value of a pun and writing silly poetry. Thank you for your example that you’re never too old to get new technology and be confused by it. I could go on and on but I’m saving most of the rest of it for blackmail at some future date. :-)

I hope all the moms out there are having a wonderful day and feeling loved & appreciated for all their love and devotion.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I bet you are thrilled that Kyrie seems to have inherited some of your crafty skills! I'm glad she had a wonderful Mother's Day present for you after the one you gave yourself! Good timing, klutz! :) Hope you're doing better!