So we’ve decided to try something a little different this year. We know all the things we wish we were doing as a family. While we do okay at them, we’re never as consistent as we really mean to be. Our new tactic this year is to take the three most important things and have each of us take responsibility for one of them. This year, Kyrie will be managing our Family Home Evening schedule. We’ll rotate teaching but she’ll keep the schedule. Every three weeks, we’ll set aside time on Sunday and all prepare our lesson for our turn that round. That way, we’ll hopefully avoid our usual delay because we forgot to put it together. Rob will be in charge of our daily scripture study. We do fairly good at that one but just let it slide more often than we’d like. I’ll be working on the more consistent school schedule this year. I’m good at making plans and schedules but then let it fall off too easily. Having Rob & Kyrie take responsibility for those other major tasks will hopefully help me get my act as together as I want it to be. I’m looking forward to seeing how this all turns out. Even though I’m sure we’ll still have our gaps, I think we’ll do better and what more can we really ask of ourselves?
I’ve also decided that I’m starting on my Christmas 2012 crafting RIGHT NOW!! I feel like there were so many things (so, so, so many) that I wanted to do for Christmas that didn’t get done. I actually barely got anything done due to some unexpected travel and other things that were good to do but disruptive to Christmas crafting. I really love that part of Christmas so I’ll just make it last all year. It also means I’ll be hunting some addresses up from some of you so I can inflict our newsletter on you. I’m so excited to see what I come up with. Can I just say I’m addicted to crafting? I mean, my mental well being is really dependent on me getting a chance to make something decorative yet useless. :-)
Wanted to share a shot of my cute girl going to her first New Year’s Eve dance. We went over to bff’s house for them to get ready together along with another girlfriend. Lauralyn had all of her girls do their hair and makeup which was such a fun idea. They had lots of fun all getting ready together.
They had a smashingly good time and are looking forward to another dance this Saturday.
Happy New Year!!
1 comment:
I think that's a great idea~to craft all year for the Christmas season. I find that I'm more mentally stable when I craft regularly too. I'm sure that you've read this, but just in case you haven't here is a link to one of my very favorite talks about women's need to create. http://lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/happiness-your-heritage?lang=eng
Post a Comment