So today my darling girl is receiving her Young Womanhood Recognition Award.
This is awesome. For those of you who are not familiar with this, it’s basically our church’s equivalent of an Eagle Scout for the young ladies. It focuses more on personal development than Scout skills but still requires a huge amount of time and commitment. She’s been working on it since she turned 12. I’m very proud of her especially because I’ve been really bad about working with her so she’s had to be far more self motivated than is really the plan.
When I think of how much she’s grown and changed since turning 12 and entering the Young Women’s program 3-1/2 years ago, I definitely get the mommy tears going. There is so little left of my little girl in there and so much of my future adult daughter showing through. It’s excitingly horrible and wonderful all together. She makes me laugh; she makes me smile; she makes me wonder where she came from but always in a good way. I’ve often said that she’s just what we asked for in a child but that’s not really the whole truth. She is just what we would have asked for plus so, so much more that we wouldn’t have dared to ask for. She has such a thoughtful nature and enjoys being good.
It’s been very interesting to watch her develop her own unique sets of interests and skills. As many of you know, I enjoy a lot of paper & sewing crafts. She has found her own home in drawing, writing, some painting, and computer game design. It’s so fun to see what she manages to produce.
I sometimes look at her and feel the utter panic of someone who can’t stop the sands of time from running through her fingers. (Kind of like in Krull when they were dealing with Widow of the Web and the big white spider. Ew.) I see so much grown up in there but she will always be my little baby. I love you, Kyrieanna Banana and I am so proud to be your mom.
1 comment:
She is so awesome!! You guys are some of my favorite relatives. :)
Post a Comment