So today I turned 40 years old. So. Weird. I don’t mind it; it’s just weird that it happened. I don’t feel like enough of a grown up to be at this point. Unfortunately, the last several weeks have been pretty miserable for me. I’ve hit a cruddy run of not-so-fun health stuff. Luckily, today was finally a good day…but even during the cruddy weeks there were a lot of good things. I was reminded of just how amazingly awesome my husband is at taking care of me, especially when I’m feeling super wimpy and whiney. I was also reminded of how incredibly thoughtful, compassionate, and just crazy sweet my dear daughter is. She spoils me rotten.
Case in point…because I’ve felt so yucky and been so immobile, the living room has been pretty cluttered and we’ve had no Christmas decorations up. I wait all year for Christmas. I LOVE to walk into my living room and see holiday décor all over the place. It has made me sad that it wasn’t coming together. We decided yesterday that we really wanted to get at least our tree up and decorated. Rob cleaned up the living room and got the tree in place yesterday. We were going to decorate today. So, I get up this morning and go out into my living room…and unexpectedly find my daughter. (She normally goes home from seminary to her best friend’s house and I pick her up later.) Last night, she’d arranged for her friend’s mom to drive her home to our house after seminary. Not only had she decorated the tree, she’d had Rob get more of the decorations down and decorated most of the living room. She also cleaned the kitchen and changed our guinea pigs’ cage. Happy birthday to me!! She almost made me cry! I probably would have if I hadn’t been so surprised. How did I get such an angel?
I had fun finally getting to go spend some time with my bff today which was so nice after being stuck in my house for quite a while. I didn’t feel up to going out for lunch so she spoiled me by going and picking up some lunch. I woke up to over 20 Happy Birthday messages and they kept coming all day. That was crazy fun.
This was definitely a good birthday to remember what amazing people I know…especially the two I live with. Life is good…all 40 years of it.
5 comments:
Your 40's will rock...just you wait and see!
Huggles,
Alyson
I'm very excited to see how it goes.
happy belated Birthday! And I hope I will be blessed with a daughter as sweet as yours one day:)
Glad to hear your birthday was a good one. Man, both Rob and Kyr sound like keepers for sure! What a sweet daughter.
Glad to hear your birthday was a good one. Man, both Rob and Kyr sound like keepers for sure! What a sweet daughter.
Post a Comment