May 28, 2007

Howdy

Well, life has been pretty interesting here. We just discovered some exciting news. Our overly-large ward will be modified next week. My understanding is that it was announced that the McKinney wards will be reorganized so it'll be interesting to see what happens. This is news that we've been waiting for for quite some time. I definitely love my calling in the Primary presidency but find much of it very stressful as we try to keep a Primary of this size organized. We have sharing time in the chapel which is a nightmare most weeks. All of our classes are too big and we can't divide them up anymore because even if we could find more teachers, we don't have any more classrooms. It's really the logistics of running things that's difficult because the children are definitely the wonderful part. There are still so many whose names I don't know but I finally recognize all of them. It took a lot of time to get to that point but I've gotten there. I would love to still be in the presidency of whatever ward configuration I end up in. It would be wonderful to have a little smaller of a group but I could never pick which kiddos to give up. I really do hope I'm still able to serve in Primary but I'll gladly go wherever I'm sent...or at least I'll try to go gladly. :-)
I've been having some not-so-fun health issues. After a harrowing evening, I was finally motivated to find a doctor and was luckily lead to a really good one. There are some unusual things going on with innards and the doctor is working on figuring it out a little better. I'll be having an outpatient procedure on Wednesday afternoon to help get things back in line and to give them more information. I'm by no means excited to be in this position but I'm glad to be heading in the direction of figuring something out. Of course, I'll be much happier if the procedure goes really smoothly and the pain medication afterwards works really well. :-)
We had a very nice visit with Leslie's family this weekend. Even though I was feeling pretty bad for a lot of it, there was lots of fun visiting time. I miss having her close by but I'm glad she can come for weekends occasionally. We're hoping to go down to visit next month but we'll see how the install is going for Rob at work. When they're working on an install, it's usually long hours and often more than Mon-Fri. I hope we'll see them soon, though. It's so fun to see the kids and have them remember me and be excited to see me. The first night, I stopped by Terri's right when Leslie's family arrived. Grant was a little tired and loopy. It took him a little bit to decide he was happy to see me but then he was so happy. He crawled over to me and wanted me to pick him up and smiled and giggled and babbled. Oh, how I love my baby nephews!
Well, I don't have much else to say so I'm going to sign off and write again when I think of more interesting stuff to say. :-) Hope everyone's well and happy.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hey......I found your site on Teresa's webpage...well Emma's page and thought I would read a little about you. I still have trouble spelling your name without looking at how it is spelt. Sorry to hear about the health issues you have been having and I hope your procedure goes well and you can all work out what is going on. This is Charisse, by the way....from Australia!
Bless you heaps and I hope things go well.
Love Charisse