Jun 3, 2007

The Melissa Ward

Well, the announcement is in. There is now a Melissa Ward at church. Instead of just 5 McKinney wards, there are 5 plus one in Melissa. (FYI: Melissa is the small town just a few miles south of us.) The Melissa congregation will include Melissa, Anna and a tall, skinny section of eastern McKinney. Many of the families that we've become good friends with will still be in our ward which is so fun. Of course, many people that we love will be in a different ward from us but that's the nature of change. A property in Melissa has been purchased for a new building that we'll get to go to once it's done. I'm very excited for next week, especially because we'll be going to church at 11am instead of 2:30. Hallelujah!!
Just as a little update, I'm amazed at how good my recovery from my little procedure has gone. I still tire quite easily but feel good otherwise. I'm so glad.
We had a fun visit from Rob's parents tonight. They just got back from a youth trip to Nauvoo that went really well. That's a trip I've never taken but would like to go on. It sounds like many of the visitor's facilities are open year round so that bodes well. :-)

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Hey Siouxsie!
did I spell your name right? Charisse here again..the Australian, Teresa's friend. I was just wondering what she meant by the new "Melissa Ward" and you explained it in your post. It is a town! I understand now.
I am glad that you feel ok from your procedure and pray that you feel better each day. Hope you don't mind me checking your posts.
Love Charisse
(the Australian)

Teresa said...

Glad it all went so well too! Who is this crazy Australian that keeps writing you posts? I wonder what kind of psycho person she is (heehee). I'm so excited about the new ward too!!! We'll actually (hopefully) be small enough to fit INSIDE the chapel!!! How exciting is that?! Well, the new (old Allen building) is smaller than our current one, so who knows how we'll fit. I am so excited!!

Secret Agent Crazy-Person said...

I hope the primary can meet in the REAL primary room... i can't belive we had to go in the chapel for primary...

~The Kyrie