Nov 20, 2007

The Bald & Beautiful

So, this last weekend, we had the opportunity to make another trip down to my sister's family in San Antonio. While going to see Seven Nations last time was super fun, we had an even better reason this time...her oldest son was baptized on Saturday, his 8th birthday. It was a wonderful trip. I'll write more about it soon along with a link to pictures to add to what Terri's put up.
One of the other things that happened there that was cool (while being nowhere near as momentous) was that Kyrie cut her hair to donate. She's been working on this for 2 or 3 years now so it was a pretty big thing. She almost did it last time we were there but it was all a little too sudden for such a big change. She was excited to do it this time before our trip to Florida to join in on Emma's Make-a-Wish trip. Here's the link to super cute pictures.
Rob only had to work 2 days this week so we'll have lots of fun tomorrow getting ready for Thanksgiving at our house. It should be quite the event. We are so excited to have everyone over. I also am excited to get to make another turkey since it went so well last New Year's Eve. Along with cleaning, arranging and cooking tomorrow, we're looking forward to going to see "Enchanted" tomorrow. It's not many movies that make me want to go to the theatre anymore these days but I'm dying for this one.
Well, that's about it for today. As I said, I'll cover Joshua's baptism a little more soon. I just wanted to get the hair pix up asap.
Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all!!
PS: One more thing...for those of you who share my love of Timbersports, the airings of the year's competitions starts Nov. 25 on ESPN 2. I love watching men with axes & saws killing trees.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Sweet hair, Kyr! It's very cute!! I hope Kyr likes it.
That's fun the Rob has little work this week. Dan has three days off, he gets more work off for Thanksgiving than he does for Christmas but maybe that's how most places do it, I don't know.
Timbersports? I don't think this is something I knew about you, actually, I'm quite sure of it. You make me laugh.
Good luck making your turkey. It always seems difficult to have it come out good; which is why we are having a Thai themed Thanksgiving with cousin Ben this year. That and there's only three adults.
Happy turkey eating!