Okay, six things that people don't especially know about me. This is going to be interesting because I've got a big enough mouth that I'm just not sure what's left to tell people. Hmm. I can't ask any of you people for help, of course, because if you can suggest it, then I can't use it cuz you're not supposed to know it. ;)
1. I have problems with assuming that I know what other people are thinking about me even though I'm pretty sure that, most of the time, I assume it to be overly negative. I'm not sure that's clear. Basically, I have a tendency to assume that people are thinking the worst about me. In my head, I know that most of the time they either didn't think anything bad or even anything at all but that doesn't always help. If I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed by life, I have a very hard time keeping this in check and can find myself feeling very cut off from other people because I keep assuming they think I'm an idiot or something.
2. I derive a ridiculous amount of satisfaction from making things (crocheting, cross stitch, sewing, card making). I don't just enjoy it; I love it. I still feel really surprised that the things I make can turn out so cute...because they often really do. :-) I don't need to do drugs when I can just crochet.
3. My deepest and most introspective thinking happens in 2 settings...sitting on an Oregon beach on a gray day or driving through Wyoming's desolate, rolling, open-sky country. I don't know what it is about these two environments that is so special but they both call to the depths of my soul like nothing else. I feel a serenity, a total connection to my truest self in both of those places. I think it's one of the reasons that I love road trips so much because I get to experience these kinds of things. I hope to find a terrain or location with a similar feel on our drives to Maryland so I can enjoy it there too.
4. Much of my youth centered around dances. I didn't miss one single youth dance in my entire Young Women's experience...once I was old enough to go, of course. I kept track of things by how many days or weeks they happened before or after each dance. After the obligatory 30-45 minutes of standing against the wall until things got started, I didn't sit down. I danced to every song. If a boy didn't ask, a bunch of us gals would go out and dance together in big groups. We were pretty silly. Rob and I actually met at a dance. We went to many of the weekly Young Single Adult dances when we were dating & engaged. We actually snuck into a couple when we were first married but didn't enjoy following the "Book-of-Mormon-between-you" rule anymore. ^_~ This last weekend when we went to the Austin Celtic Festival and saw our favorite Celtic-rock band, Rob and I got to slow dance together in the audience so it's still a favorite of mine.
5. If I never wore another pair of socks again in my life (or shoes that required socks), I'd be pretty darn happy.
6. I love to peel dried glue off the top of glue bottles or anything else really. When I was in school, I would squeeze the glue out the top so I could peel it off later. I'd also put glue in the center track of my ruler so I could peel it out later and make fake fingernails out of it. Oddly enough, they never worked real great. :-) The key thing is the peeling. Rubber cement is good for the peeling too but they didn't let me play with that when I was little. Probably a good plan.
Okay, there's six of the things I can think of. I honestly don't know who to tag because I don't really know who reads my blog except for the people Terri already tagged. Anyone else who reads this who wants to count themselves as tagged, that would be great because I'd love to read what you have to say. :-)
2 comments:
I didn't know most of those things about you! Very interesting to read. It's always interesting to learn what things you don't know about people you're related too. I totally agree with the ocean thing and the driving, esp the ocean for me. There's just something about it that leads to deep thinking.
Good thing you really good at crocheting then since you like it so much. :-) You do an amazing job. I was super impressed with the pictures you posted before of your crocheting!
Man you crack me up!! And seriously all that mumbo jumbo about people thinking negative about you-nonsense! I love seeing you and talking to you. And it is so funny because I would love to never have to wear socks again too- I hate socks...which is probably why my heels are so nasty. And the glue thing- talk about a flashback! When I was younger I loved to cover my hand with Elmer's glue, let it dry and then peel it off like it was skin or something. Man, what a weirdo- glad I'm not alone. haha
oh- and crocheting over drugs...lol
Post a Comment