Feb 13, 2008

I'm in the mood for love...

Simply because it's Valentine's Day! Not really; I'm in the mood for love because I have such nice people to love and, if you're reading this, you're probably on that list. If you're not on that list, then why on earth are you wasting your time on my blog?! Just teasing.
I didn't realize I hadn't updated since the ill-fated "Racing Stripes" story so here we go. Rob's head looks totally normal now...or at least like it did before I striped him. :-) I did that on a Sunday and by the next Sunday, you couldn't tell at all. I'm so glad his hair grows quickly. He even let me trim it up again, although I was so nervous I was feeling a little queasy. I'm doing it again tonight so I'll let you know if there are any other major incidents...along with the accompanying photos, of course.
I have been spending a crazy amount of time on cross stitch lately. For those of you who don't know, I have a serious tendency to ultra-focus on one craft/hobby at a time and do that thing to distraction. It has been cross-stitch since about late November. Luckily for me, last time I got on this kick, I really picked up a lot of speed so I can really get through projects much more quickly than ever before. I'm including a few pictures because I'm so happy with how they've turned out.
The first one is actually for a Christmas present that I haven't quite put together yet. I'm going to frame it and wrap the matte in white fleece so it looks snowy. It's actually done on perforated paper rather than normal cross-stitch fabric since I really like the stuff. I recently discovered that perforated paper was used back in the 1700's even which I thought was neat. (The person to whom this will be a present doesn't read my blog so I think I'm ok on that count.
The next is the beginning of our family's collection of Christmas stockings that I cross stich. This is the first one and it looks like it'll be mine. I must confess that I love it. I'm apparently quite enamored with the whole night time winter scene kind of thing. This will be cut out and sewn into a real stocking at some point. I hope to have a stocking done for Rob & Kyr within a couple of Christmases.
The last is just a nice little kit I picked up. I do love me a log cabin so this was fun. I'll just hang it up for Christmas decoration next year.

Kyrie and I are getting ready to do some machine quilting in the next few days. She's already written up a big list of people she wants to make quilts for. This makes me want to be sure she enjoys her first experience so we're just doing a very basic checkerboard with super cute fabric she picked. Not only is it her first quilt, it will be her first extended sewing project. Of course, there will be pictures.
Other than that, we've just been enjoying life...and the fact that American Idol has started up again. I still giggle that I can so enjoy a show that features so much music I don't care for. Ah, the oddities of life. We're looking very forward to a visit from Miss Ani, the little sister. She'll be here to help during Emma's upcoming bone-marrow biopsy and to just visit as well. It'll be fun to have her back here now that we've recovered from her last visit. Ha, ha! Just joking, Ani.
So here's to wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Eve!!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Me said...

Nice cross-stitching. If you want you can make a stocking for me and my family. haha
I vote for 2 racing stripes on Robs head.
Love you - Leslie

Mike and Teresa said...

What fun to see the beautiful finished product. I remember my cross stitching days with great fondness, but now my eyes cross just thinking about doing it. Love you, Mom

Charisse said...

Hi My dear...I like the cross stitch. You do a good job with it all. The stocking is real pretty.
Bless ya,
Charisse