So, we decided that a mom/wife, a daughter and 3 girl chinchillas just didn't give us a high enough girl count for our house. I mean, I grew up with gads of sisters so I miss that estrogen-rich environment. We had an opportunity to add another girlie to our collection when another family on our homeschool email list needed to find a new home for their little hedgehog. My sister, Mindy, has had a notable history of hedgie ownership so we have our own expert that helped us figure out we wanted the cute little bugger. Kyrie and I went and picked her up tonight and she sure is cute. We've pretty much just enjoyed looking at her so far since she needs time to acclimate and get settled in. She also hasn't been very socialized so far so we'll have some work to do in that department. We look forward to getting to know her and her hedgie ways. We're already coming up with fun ideas of a little house to make for her and such things. I'm sure some of those pictures will crop up here as well.
Today, Kyrie started attending a little theater group a homeschool mom in our group has started doing. Her best friend, Felicity, and her little sister, Avonlea, are doing it as well. I think it's going to be a big hit. They did some fun activities that reminded me a bit of "Whose Line is It Anyway?" When I came to pick them up, there was much smiling and laughing so I think this will be fun. Kathryn, the mom doing it, is really good with the kids and helps them feel comfortable doing new and sometimes silly things.

9 comments:
So we are going with Vala?! Thanks for all the info!!!
I LOVE Theater. It was fun. And really goofy!
That is so cute!!! You guys are freaks. Adorable little prickly mean thing. Theater sounds like it'll be lots of fun for the girls;-)
Ah, she's sooooo cute! I'm sure she'll have a blast in your house!
And I thought Kyrie would be too shy for theater. NOT! haha
Ha! The Hedgehog does have a cute face. How strange! I didn't know you could have them as pets!
Love Charisse
isn't she cute! i've never seen a real one before!
That' awesome that you got a hedgehog! It's so cute! What do you do with it? hehe
They actually are becoming quite popular as pets. We haven't seen her outside of her cardboard house after this picture was taken so we keep poking at her to be sure she's still alive. Silly thing. I figure we can use her to pop balloons after any big parties we have. :-) Ha, ha! She's getting a hedgie wheel in the next day or two which will hopefully encourage her to get out and about a bit more.
She's too cute!! Aren't they nocturnal? That's way cool about Kyr taking theater. She's so funny anyway. Love you all.
whaaaaawhaaaa...your sister's having another baby and I am so emotional....whaaaaa.....
Love Charisse
Post a Comment