Apr 1, 2008

Gmail is so funny

If you have a minute, I encourage to find out why I think Gmail is so funny.
By way of life updates, we continue to enjoy our lives. I truly find it to work out so much better when it's not that interesting. :-) I got to make Kyrie a cute skirt for Easter. I'll take a picture soon and post it. I was a little scattered that day so lots of things slipped by. Kyrie's gotten so big that I didn't even think to any egg-related stuff with her this year. This makes me a little sad that she's growing up so much. It also makes me glad that my best friend (who is the mother of Kyr's best friend) did egg-stuff with her girls while Kyrie was over so they had a good ol' time.
This year has definitely been one of an overall rude awakening regarding Kyrie's point in life. She turns 12 in September! She'll be leaving our church's children's organization and joining the youth organization. We're following my family's tradition of being able to start wearing basic makeup at age 12. That seemed reasonable when she was younger but seems ridiculous now. She still seems like my little tiny girl...even if she doesn't look like it or act like it very often. :-) I love the young lady she's growing to be but I really can't handle the speed of her childhood. I would give a lot for a rewind button...or at least a pause button.
We're looking forward to a San Antonio weekend so we can visit my sister, Leslie, and her sweet family. We saw them before Christmas but things were very crazy since we were about to go out of town that I don't feel like we got to visit as much as I would have liked. Well, it's hard to ever get to visit as much as you'd really want to but we didn't even get close. We'll be visiting them less than 2 weeks before they close on their house so it will be fun to go meet it. Even though we just drove to Florida after Thanksgiving and then drove to Maryland for Christmas, I'm feeling powerful road-tripping cravings. Maybe it's part of my hormonal imbalance issues but I'm looking forward to getting a few hours of driving under my belt again. I'm sure we'll have some fun pictures to post from that visit.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

haha! Gmail is funny. I like their April Fool's jokes.

I know what you mean about Kyrie growing up. I feel the same way but to a much lesser extent since she's not actually my child! Yw?! Makeup?! What?! Next she'll be wanting to date...

Hope you have fun road tripping!

Becca said...

Hey now, Terri, Kyrie isn't going to want to date! Don't put ideas in her head! That would/will be weird whenever she does go on a date but she still has 10 years or so before she's old enough.
It really is so strange that Kyrie is getting older, esp at this extra fast rate!
It will also be strange when/if Kyr wears makeup. I think I was one of the only ones who wasn't interested in make up when I was 12, I didn't wear any till I was almost 15.

Anyway....I'll go check out the gmail thing now.

Teresa said...

You didn't need make-up. You were hairy enough that all the hair added color to your face (haha!!!! just kidding).

Melissa-Mc said...

Megan turned 12, went to Beehives, started Middle School, got braces, got contacts, sometimes wears mascara and lip gloss, oh...it's all too much. :)

Have a great time in San Antonio.

Tonya said...

I finally made my way here! Thanks for posting your e-mail so I could find you:0) Sounds like you've been traveling the world and I can't believe you have a chinchilla! Is that what it was? Is it pokey? Can you believe Eli is almost 6 already?

J D C and N said...

Dude- I can't believe Kyrie's going to young womens!! That's crazy and exciting! I know she'll love it...as long as Felicity is in there around the same time. :)