Apr 8, 2008

Weekend Trip

Howdy, everyone! We just had a lovely weekend visit to San Antonio to see my sister, Leslie, and her family. Here are the photos with some of the stories, including Kyrie's first perm: SAN ANTONIO WEEKEND PHOTOS.
We drove down Thursday afternoon so we could get an extra night in which worked out great. We enjoyed our drive, stayed up too late talking (of course), and had so much fun. We also got to meet their new house which they close on at the end of this week. I think it will be a very nice home for them for many years to come. Rob was able to help Leslie get some direction & supplies for getting an organic garden put in pretty quickly. He really wishes he would have pulled the sod out to make garden space back before it grew in so well; he doesn't want Leslie to miss the same opportunity. :-) Rob always has fun spreading his organic gardening info, especially since we're working on putting it into full practice this year with our first full garden. I'm sure there will be photos & entries upcoming on that count.
It was all just such an enjoyable and relaxing visit that I can't wait to do it again. On our drive home, we decided to go "the back way" rather than going back up I-35 which, along with being very busy, has a lot of construction going on that makes it a pain. The back way also goes right by Copperas Cove, a little town outside of Fort Hood that holds some very fond memories for me. We were able to go through and take pictures of a couple of our houses, my elementary school and our old church building which was brand new for us and my favorite church building of all time. Much of it looks nicer than I remember actually...except the school which was terrifying. It was so fun. Along with the fun stop, we were glad to take the back way because it was stunningly beautiful almost the entire way. It was in full spring mode so it was so green with some pretty impressive creeks and rivers. I especially loved several miniature horse farms we drove by because it's so freaking cute! It honestly reminded of us of Oregon at its most beautiful. I'm not sure I can make myself drive down I-35 again when that's available even if it is a little longer. It was just such a great overall visit. I sure love my family. :-)

4 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

I'm glad you had a good visit. I wish you could have been there a month ago!

Siouxsie said...

That definitely would have been awesome. Leslie & Josh were sorry that they weren't in touch with you a little earlier so they could have seen you when you were down their way, too. :-)

Vicky said...

Sure like that girl's perm!

Tonya said...

Fun trip to go see your sista! Kyrie's hair looked so cute! Good job Leslie.