I also have to clarify that the credit on this one belongs solely to my man. I have cheered him on and picked out seeds but that's about it. He roto-tilled, composted, bordered, planted, etc., this all on his very own. As it's come along more and more looking like a garden rather than framed dirt, I've been surprised to find how much I love it. I have very fond memories of Grandma Belnap's big beautiful garden in the backyard of her Turquoise house in Wichita. I remember how magical it was that we could eat stuff out of it. Her peas tasted like candy and everything was so pretty, I'd just sit out there and look at it. I feel much of that same nostalgia when I look at this garden. I am so excited to eat my Rob-grown canteloupes. I've already got enough cilantro to use next time I make salsa. I just love it. I really think it's for more than food that our Church leadership encourages us to grow as much of our own food as feasible. Rob's considering at least doubling the garden plot for next year. Woohoo!!
Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few. ~despair.com
Apr 12, 2008
Introducing Our Garden
I was just so thrilled by how sweet our garden is coming along, I had to share a picture.
I also have to clarify that the credit on this one belongs solely to my man. I have cheered him on and picked out seeds but that's about it. He roto-tilled, composted, bordered, planted, etc., this all on his very own. As it's come along more and more looking like a garden rather than framed dirt, I've been surprised to find how much I love it. I have very fond memories of Grandma Belnap's big beautiful garden in the backyard of her Turquoise house in Wichita. I remember how magical it was that we could eat stuff out of it. Her peas tasted like candy and everything was so pretty, I'd just sit out there and look at it. I feel much of that same nostalgia when I look at this garden. I am so excited to eat my Rob-grown canteloupes. I've already got enough cilantro to use next time I make salsa. I just love it. I really think it's for more than food that our Church leadership encourages us to grow as much of our own food as feasible. Rob's considering at least doubling the garden plot for next year. Woohoo!!
I also have to clarify that the credit on this one belongs solely to my man. I have cheered him on and picked out seeds but that's about it. He roto-tilled, composted, bordered, planted, etc., this all on his very own. As it's come along more and more looking like a garden rather than framed dirt, I've been surprised to find how much I love it. I have very fond memories of Grandma Belnap's big beautiful garden in the backyard of her Turquoise house in Wichita. I remember how magical it was that we could eat stuff out of it. Her peas tasted like candy and everything was so pretty, I'd just sit out there and look at it. I feel much of that same nostalgia when I look at this garden. I am so excited to eat my Rob-grown canteloupes. I've already got enough cilantro to use next time I make salsa. I just love it. I really think it's for more than food that our Church leadership encourages us to grow as much of our own food as feasible. Rob's considering at least doubling the garden plot for next year. Woohoo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Go Rob, Go Rob, Go.... Cool garden!!
Brett is actually working on starting ours...woohoo!! I feel so domestic just having one.:)
TAG - you're it! Go to http://threepsinapod.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged.html#links for all of the details.
Alyson
That garden looks great!
It is beautiful. Sorry I have not been around much. We have been busy moving! We move house in a week...
Love ya,
Charisse
The garden looks beautiful! I can see why you like it so much:-) Maybe one day I'll see it in person!
Good job on the garden! I'm totally impressed:0) We do a garden with Matt's parents which is so great. They have done it forever though, which means I still haven't figured out how to actually start from seed and make it turn into something edible. I know it can't be that hard, but it does intimidate me. Good job being self reliant!
I like your garden. It looks very pretty.
FYI - Your text color is close to your background color so it was a somewhat hard to read.
We only have a planter box garden, but my kids loved the carrots last year. The tomatoes produced like rabbits (wish the green peppers had done the same). My kids never did like the peas...so Scott and I feasted on them. I think you're right...it's for more than food...what a sense of accomplishment!
Hey My Dear,
I was just checking up on you again to see if there are any updates. We have moved house and are on the final stretch of having our new house organised. What a relief. I now have internet again...hehe.
We have been having dramas in getting my bone marrow results...ahhh...is all I can say here but I have already expressed my frustration on that topic other times.
Hope your garden has come along even more since you wrote this post!
Love Charisse
Your garden looks fabulous! We started one this year and it's all gone to pot. Those stinkin crazy storms took out practically all of our plants and washed away the rest. I'm thinking I might just have to go buy already started plants and replant. :P
Post a Comment