Well, I didn't mean to be so lame at keeping up on the blog but I sure have! Honestly, I think keeping up with Facebook has lessened the amount of brain I send this way. We've had some fun things happening lately.
The first fun thing is that Rob still has a job! Woohoo, we say! The Dallas TEL office is being closed however. I think it'll be all shut down by the end of this month. His "office" will be at home but it won't actually make tons of difference. He spends very little of his day at the office; it's mostly at the customer's site. There will now only be 8 TEL employees in the DFW area which is a chance from the 25 or 30 that they had a few weeks ago. This decision is more of a stay of execution rather than a pardon, unfortunately. In Aug/Sept, this set up will be re-evaluated to see if it's profitable enough to keep going. This does make us a little nervous, of course, but at the very least, we're thankful for the time to prepare ourselves. Fortunately, Todd (his current district supervisor who will become his direct supervisor) has aggressive plans to make these guys as profitable as possible. He's an intelligent, dynamic kind of guy so he'll be leading the way. We'll be sure to keep everyone updated.
Our other huge thing is that we've entered a whole new world. This is a world I wasn't sure I would ever enter. For a long time, I had no desire to enter it but...it has happened. I have willingly and wantingly become a DOG OWNER!! For those of you who have known me for a while, you know this is a big freaking step for me. I'm not a dog person...and I wouldn't say that I've magically become one but I am a Tennant person. I love my Tennant.
Rob & I have talked about the possibility of a dog for years. He was definitely more pro than me but we were never decided. If we'd have had more kids, I think I could have escaped it completely but that's not quite what happened, eh? So we decided that after our sweet little ferret boys passed away, we would get dog-minded. We'd picked a breed that we were leaning towards and thought we'd get one in a year. Then, we saw a show about different kinds of dogs and were introduced to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel which we immediately fell in love with. We found one on a shelter website that was the perfect age...not a little puppy but still under a year. We felt like we should wait, though, because Rob could end up doing long-term assignments after this fall and we wouldn't be able to bring a dog. Jay volunteered to dog-sit for us with a happy & willing heart so she killed that delay.
We decided to go for it and turned the application in. I called and talked to someone and they said we should know within a week. Well, this last Saturday made it a week and I hadn't heard. I called and talked to the lady that runs the shelter program who is the one actually fostering the pup. They'd had over 2 dozen applications because he's quite the find. They'd found someone who fell through so they were just restarting to the search so my call was well timed. By the end of our 30 minute chat, she asked me when I would like to come and get him!!! We were so excited. We left church right after sacrament meeting since the round trip drive is 8 hours. We loved him on first sight and he slept on Kyrie's lap all the way home.
She was pretty tired herself actually.
He has been quite delightful and seems to be adjusting well. We weren't sure how well housebroken he was but we've just made sure he gets taken out regularly and have had NO accidents. He doesn't hardly ever bark which is nice. He really, really loves to play with us and sleep on us. It's a pretty good system.
Oh, and his name is Tennant because we are Doctor Who fans in this house. The current portrayer of the Doctor is David Tennant (whose last name was taken from the lead singer of the Pet Shop Boys who we're also huge fans of) so this is Tennant.
So that's our news for now. Hope everyone is well & happy!
9 comments:
In response to picture #2: That is what happens when you banish me to my best friend's house for the night! Some may call it a sleepover... I call it 'a-way-to-get-super-tired-while-having-a-crazy-amount-of-fun-all-at-the-same-time'.
Ta!
-Kyr
I'm so happy to hear that Tennant is working out so well for you guys so far! He sounds like a good find and I hope you keep enjoying him.
So do you guys plan on looking around for other employment in case this job falls through or are you just going to wait and see what happens?
We're not looking seriously right now. Rob had put some feelers out along with requests for letters of recommendation before he found out he was fine. When it gets closer to time, we'll see about doing that kind of thing again. Rob really loves this company and is hoping to work for it forever so we're definitely not anxious to go anywhere else right now. :-)
Wow! You got a dog! he looks so cute! hehe... He's such an adorable and sweet little guy. Glad you guys ended up getting him;-)
Yay! A dog! Sorry I have taken so long to write. Your dog looks lovely!
Kyrie is very beautiful!
I am glad Rob still has his job (ooo that rhymes..hehe). I pray that he can keep it for a long time! Blessings my love!
Love Charisse
What a totally CUTE,CUTE dog! I'm not there with wantitng one yet...maybe when the kids are a little older.
Kim told me your new dog was adorable so I had to come check him out. What a cutie!
Welcome to dog ownership! Our friend Duke is a Cavalier King Charles and we L.O.V.E. to play with him.
Congratulations!
It sure has been a long time again!!! How are you and your family going????
Love Charisse
Post a Comment