Aug 29, 2009

Game Day

I realized that I don’t ever really post about Game Day even though it’s one of our more significant recurring social events. Game Day is when a lot of Rob’s family comes over for a Saturday to do role-playing games, usually GURPS since it’s Rob’s favorite and he’s usually the Game Master. (Recently, Matt has taken up the role of relief GM which has been fun.) Rob’s sister, Jay, and her hubby, Matt, come along and bring Vee, their extremely adorable, starting-to-walk daughter. Christian & Aaron, Rob’s two youngest brothers, come along. With fair regularity, Chris has Megan and his sweet, chubby baby girl, Maude, come along. Rob’s parents, Dave & Vicky, are also pretty regular attenders of the event. We’ve also roped in a love-him-like-a-brother cousin, Conrad, and his pregnant wife, Melissa. You can see we get quite the collection and it’s great. People usually come around noon to 1 and then there’s lots of talking which eventually leads to gaming. I make dinner for everyone most times, although Vicky spoiled us this last time. Thanks again, Mom! The gaming continues until about 9 pm or so, making it an awesome day of hanging out.

Just to be clear, I think role playing is almost the most boring thing you can do (although I thoroughly enjoy reading the source books) so this is always my day to get projects done and hang out with the stragglers who aren’t gaming either. We are really thankful this day has turned out to be such a consistent activity. We manage to get 9 or 10 4th Saturdays a year so it’s a pretty awesome family connector. Of course, it would be even more fun if Marianne & Lex were able to come as well as Ian, Nikki & Miss Charli, but they’re both pretty far and quite busy. We do get Marianne on occasion which is always fun when it happens.

Pondering a bit on the success of this event reminds me of how much I really love Rob’s family. It feels weird to think of them as a separate family from mine because they are mine now. They are all just really fantastic people that I’m so glad to know and so happy to have as my daughter’s grandparents/aunts or uncles/cousins. Thanks for being AWESOME!! I love you all!

And now for a few pictures of Miss Vee the Super Cute hanging with Tennant whom she LOOOOOVES!

IMG_2663

IMG_2662

IMG_2661

And then we have the little guy who just got plum tuckered out:

IMG_2664

Yes, that’s Rob dad, passed out asleep hanging off the recliner. :-)

No comments: