Dec 28, 2009

Oh the holidays

I love Christmas and am sorry it’s over. That’s the way it always is, though. Of course, I’d always like it if things were less hectic but those things aren’t the ones that matter. I love a time to ponder on the miracle of the birth of a baby who would change the eternal course of mankind. I meant to get more pondering time in but I’ll take what I can get and plan better for next year.

We enjoyed finally getting a chance to visit with my sister, Terri, and her family. They’ve basically been quarantined for a couple of months since Emma really cannot be getting the flu. It can cause permanent damage to her bone marrow so it’s just too dangerous. My parents were coming for Christmas so we made sure we could quarantine ourselves for a week so we could all have Christmas together. Unfortunately, Mom & Dad came down sick just before they were to come visit so they had to cancel. It was still fun to see those sweet kids…oh and Terri & Tyler as well. It was a lovely Christmas.

We had fun decorating the house, too. Kyrie really did a lion’s share of it. She is developing quite a bit of flair for things; it’s so fun to see because I sure didn’t have anything like that when I was her age. We even got some snow for Christmas which was a shocker. Rob & Kyr made a snowman with gunshot shells for his eyes and mouth. They’re so silly. They also made a little snowman on our Stonehenge. I’ll include pictures.

One other fun Christmas-related thing we had was a project I did for Rob’s family. I designed a photo book from their childhood photos. Jay, Rob’s sister, started off scanning photos in and I finished it off and did the book. It was so fun to do and felt so good to finish. I’ve never finished a digital-scrapbooking project before so it was neat to do it. It’s definitely inspired me to do more even though that one was very special. I posted the pages in case anyone wants to see. http://picasaweb.google.com/lokrobstersgirl/EliPhotoBook#

Hope all of you have really enjoyed your Christmas season and are looking forward to the new year.

Here’s proof that it can snow here.

IMG_3356

And here’s our little Stonehenge snowman. (Yes I know it looks more like pi than Stonehenge.)IMG_3368

And here is Shotgun-Shell Snowman. Cute, eh?IMG_3370

Some of our interior decorating:

IMG_3381  IMG_3367   IMG_3379

7 comments:

Darilyn said...

That's fun that you had snow.

Teresa said...

I can't believe it actually snowed there. We sure were bummed out that we couldn't come and see everyone for Christmas. We'll be seeing you soon though. Kyr sure did a nice job making your house festive. She must get her creativity from her mom. Love you all!

Grace said...

it's great that you had a little bit of snow! it always makes Christmastime a bit more festive. i know what you mean about Christmas being over. I am always saddened each year when that happens. happy new year!

Kim said...

That is awesome that ya'll had snow for Christmas! Amazing! I'm glad that you got to see family for Christmas and that your huge digital scrapbook project turned out so great! Congrats!

J D C and N said...

Can I just say that I love your front yard Stonehenge?!! Very cool. :) And the Christmas decorations looked great too.

Scott-n-Allison said...

Looks like to much fun at your house! Tell Kyri to come decorate mine!

Rebecca Rose said...

Cute decorating. I haven't seen much of your decorating but from what I've seen it looks really nice. Quite a lot of snow you guys got. Love the snowman!