Feb 13, 2010

The Mama…She Visits

I imagine that title being read with grandiose, slightly ominous music playing in the background. I don’t know why; I just do. I mean she is neither grandiose nor ominous but I digress.

We have been enjoying a lovely make-up visit from my mother. Unfortunately my father couldn’t make it due to the devastation in Haiti (which his company is tightly involved in helping recover from) and his jaw being wired shut (because he thought my mom was joking about his back talking) and having used a bunch of vacation on their failed attempt to come here.

Since we weren’t able to quarantine before her arrival, she spent the first part of her visit over at Terri’s without us.Then, we had a lovely day hanging out at home along with lunch at Zenna before heading to Wichita for the weekend. We were visiting her mom/my grandma/Kyr’s great-grandma and some other family in the area. It was a great surprise to see my uncle, Don, down from Utah. Here he is with my mom in the middle & Grandma on the left.

IMG_2466

He was always so fun to hang out with when I was a kid and has turned out to get even funnier as I get older.

Here’s a bunch of the gang. In the back, Uncle Don, Cousin Meredith (Daryl’s daughter) and Grandma. In the front, Cousin Laura with her hubby, Jared, and Cousin Dana sitting on Kyrie.

IMG_2458

We even got to see Daryl’s older kids which was fun. Meredith is above.  Here are his two older boys, Travis (L) & Justin (R), with his two little boys, Ian (L) and Peter (R).

 

 

IMG_2502

Here’s one of Dana’s husband, Josh, with their new little baby, Ben:

IMG_2460

Rob, Kyr & I spent the night out with Inga and her 2 darling little boys which was so fun. They are so funny!

It was really just a fantastic visit and we have vowed to not let so much time go by before we get up there again.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

So fun to get to catch up with family!!! That's one of my favorite reasons for making the trek to Utah every other year.