I have survived my first big ward party that I was responsible for. It went pretty well, I think. Thanks to several sisters who jumped in and offered significant help, food service went quite smoothly. The kids had fun with Santa. I’ve learned a few things that I can do to make next year less stressful and am actually looking forward to it.
Rob had continued to work crazy hours including the last 2 Saturdays. The word is he’ll be back to 5-day workweeks but we’ll see. While it’s hard to have him working so much, we know it won’t last forever and it’s a bit of a relief after such minimal hours. We’re just working on keeping him well rested and keeping him stocked with good snacks. :-)
We’ve been having fun getting into the Christmas spirit. We’ve got more craft ideas than we can possibly get through…this year. I love doing things that make me feel Christmas-y. The older I get, the more I really love this season…and not just for the weather. :) I am sad that there has become so much commercialism attached to Christmas but it hasn’t caused my enthusiasm to wane. It just makes me want to focus more on the great things about Christmas…the remembrance of our Savior’s birth, the warmth in our lives that comes from our friends and families. I wish the whole year felt like this…and that I wouldn’t seem crazy for leaving up my Christmas decorations because I like them. We hope everyone else is enjoying their holiday season as well. Merry Christmas!!
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Are you the Activities Committee chair person for your ward?
I am which is so funny because we're not really 100% attenders of activities. :-)
i must admit i have never been too crazy about ward christmas parties. years ago i was in the activities committee and we did something completley different. The Primary had their activity, the YM/YW did there Christmas themed activity. We had an adult Christmas get together and we made a Christmas yule log cake. Everyone loved it. It was so much more fun and enjoyable
Post a Comment