Jul 4, 2010

Rhiannon

While we can in no way rival the coolness of Terr'i’s most recent arrival (http://cliftonclan.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-new-baby-girl.html), we are still excited to announce our newest arrival.  In my last blog post, I posted pictures…of the little girl doggy that got given away to someone else. :-( We were very disappointed but glad she found a good home.

Right after we got the disappointing news, we found a brand new listing for a Cavalier just 1 hour away. She was a wandering dog that was brought in. She was in pretty bad shape but has been quickly improving. Her disposition is very sweet. She seems comfortable around all people, kid or adult, male or female, as well as all the other dogs in the shelter.

Rhiannon-1 Rhiannon

We’d thought we would need to wait until after our family reunion at the end of the month but decided we couldn’t wait. We left right after church, with Kyrie’s bff in tow, to go get her. Sue, the lady at the shelter, had obviously fallen quite in love with her. If she didn’t already own 11 dogs, I don’t think we would have her here with us now.

Rhiannon (formerly Annie) has shows herself to be quite the snuggler already. She is very happy to be with us. She doesn’t quite get it when we tell her to come in the house or back into another room but happily follows if we go where we want her.

We took her and Tennant to a park to meet each other on neutral ground. He has a very spastic history with meeting other dogs with definitely improvement as time has gone by but still! Well, he could hardly be bothered with her, what with the grasshoppers and dragonflies about. They got to sit by each other in the car after we dropped Felicity back home. It went pretty well.

Rhiannon-14

They’ve been running around the house together for a while and it seems to be going really good. We’re feeling pretty lucky. I think she’s just so mellow that it doesn’t wind him up. I guess it doesn’t hurt that her age is estimated to be 7-8 years old but she’s still pretty spunky. Who could have imagined I would own a dog much less two? Or that I’d like it so darn much!

Welcome, Rhiannon!

No comments: