Dec 24, 2010

To My Mother, My Hero

Happy Birthday, Mom! Today marks you growing another year older & wiser. I love you more and more all the time…especially as I get older and wiser too. It’s so wonderful to get to know you as a friend while I get to love you as my mom. You are truly one of the very most amazing and admirable people I know; such an incredible example of the kind of person I want to be. Do you know how much easier you make it to try to be a good person when I have such a great example of someone with so much humility, so much commitment to the gospel? It’s not that you’re perfect; it’s that you’re so committed to continuing to grow & improve.

So many of my strengths and things I like about myself are the exact things I learned from you. The more I understand myself, the more I see you are the core of what’s good about me. I can truly never thank you enough for all the good you’ve taught me from things as important as my testimony of gospel to things as fun as my love of crafting and hitting my brakes to the beat of “Every Breath You Take”. (I’ve opted to omit the swerving across the lane in my version, though.)

As I grew up, I kind of thought that the time of my life I’d love you the most would be while I was a kid. That was definitely the time of my life I depended on you for my physical care the most but it simply can’t compare with how deeply I love and admire you now. When I was little, I thought you were the most beautiful woman in the world. Now that I’m older and have seen more of the world and this life, I know you are the most beautiful woman in the world.

Thank you so much for everything you have done as my mom and my dear friend. I pray for you to have unparalleled peace and happiness in this coming year…as you slowly go more senile on your way to completely losing your mind…and glasses…and car in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. :-)

I love you so much and am so happy & proud to be your daughter.

Your firstborn (and yet you kept going)-

Siouxsie

No comments: