Aug 22, 2011

Auntie Fun

So one of the fun things about being an auntie is that every now and then, you can work out a tradition that becomes your thing. Mine is making 8th-birthday quilts. I started with Leslie’s oldest son, Joshua, and have kept up with them since then. (I would like to sadly mention that Kyrie hasn’t gotten hers yet.) All of them are the same 9-patch quilt pattern but with fabric sets picked just for that niece/nephew so they look pretty different from each other. This month was a little crazy because I had two: Hatty in early Aug and Liam at the end of this week. I loved how both of them came out so I had to share.

Here’s the one for girly-girl Hatty:

IMG_1645

Here’s the one for Liam. I want to find something else to use the batik outer border/back for cuz I like it!

IMG_1656

It’s fun to get to do something like this for them. I hope they enjoy it because I sure love getting to be an auntie.

I also have to share an awesome haiku I found today. I’m using it as my email signature line but I just have to share cuz I love it:

Haikus are easy

But sometimes they don’t make sense

Refrigerator

Ha, ha, ha! Sometimes I’m just so easily amused.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Larkin has that haiku on a t-shirt! It always gets lots of comments and a few laughs... if they 'get' it!