Sep 15, 2011

Oh how life changes

So we have definitely had lots of changes going on lately. Fortunately they've all been pretty awesome.
#1: Kyrie started early-morning seminary last month. (For those of you who don't know, that means that she gets up early and goes to a Bible-study class that starts at 6 am.) We're really glad to have her somewhere with early morning instead of release time because we both really loved doing the early. She has a great teacher who has been very accommodating since we've started our quarantine. He's letting her participate in class via Skype so there are no absences. Yay!
#2: We've started our quarantine so we can be available to help out Terri's family when they welcome Sage (baby #5!!) in a couple of weeks. Kyrie is doing her quarantine down in San Antonio with my mom so we're getting another peek into life without a kid at home. So, so weird. I'm just thankful for FaceTime on the iPhone. And we really can't wait to meet Sage!
#3: Kyrie has started her first online class. As most of you probably know, we've chosen to homeschool Kyr. While we've enjoyed the much more flexible structure of homeschooling, we knew that there would come a point when we wanted her to have something that would get her ready for the schedule of college. She has had other people teach her different classes but the follow up on projects was always left to me. If we had an especially busy schedule, I could adjust when things were due, etc. Not so this time. It's been a very busy schedule and quite an adjustment but she's handled well. I knew she'd get the hang of it but I am duly impressed by the happy attitude. She watches recorded versions of the class and thinks the teacher is awesome. He loves literature which really shows. He also has an awesome sense of humor. She's looking forward to doing the live class next semester. It's crazy to think how soon college is coming and so fun to see her doing something like this.
#4: Kyrie is turning 15 in 10 days!! We just got everything to start doing driver's ed...and then she left for San Antonio. The torture! On her 12th birthday, she told us how many days until she could get her licence. Needless to say, this is the source of much excitement. After much battling about who gets to teach her, Rob has conceded that it'll mostly be me. VICTORY! (This does have a lot to do with the fact that I'm the one that is with her the most so I guess it's not that much of a victory.)
I fell like I'm being assaulted by signs that my little girl is growing up so fast. It's exciting and horrible all at the same time...but mostly exciting. She's such a wonderful young lady. I love being her mom.



2 comments:

Tonya said...

Kyrie...almost 15!?! That cannot be possible!!!!!

Wow, you do sound BUSY! But doing good, good things.

So, will Kyrie graduate high school early and start on-line college courses?

Kim said...

That is a LOT of excitement! I can't believe you have a 15-year old!! Craziness.