Feb 5, 2012

Guinea Piglets

So we were sitting around in our living room tonight and I realized I was hearing baby piggy noises coming from our guinea pig cage. I jumped up and ran over there and saw this:

photo (1)

I looked over in the corner and saw another baby tucked up under Mommy Melody. She moved back a bit and I saw another one laying underneath her that appeared to not be moving. Looks like it was a stillbirth. After another minute or two, I discovered there was yet another baby tucked under Mom for a total of 4 living babies. I wouldn’t have guessed she was going to have so many!

Here are some pictures of the different babies, all within the first hour or so after they were born. We’ll have names for them soon. We’re including quite a lot of pictures and video of them because we’ve had a lot of interest expressed so please just skip over them if you’re not that interested. :-)

 

IMG_2084    

IMG_2092

 

I can’t believe how much cuter they’re already getting as they get dried off. They love to huddle up under Melody. We’re loving the colors they’ve turned out to be. It’s definitely helping me remember how much we love having baby piggers. Here’s one more shot of one of the babies I took just a few minutes ago at less than 3 hours old.

photo

Love the white toes and what will be a cute rosette right on top of his head, just like Daddy’s.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Awwwww...so cute!

Jay said...

They are SO CUTE! Love 'em!

Chrystal said...

They're a lot bigger than I expected!! And so cute!! :)

Darilyn said...

Adorable

Kim said...

Awww!! Congratulations to the new mommy and her family!!