Jun 22, 2007

Diagnosis: Normal

Well, I finally realized I hadn't updated my blog with my test results. My doctor actually said that I was normal!! Ok, she actually specifically said that my test results/pathology was normal. I guess that's not quite the same thing. I wasn't really concerned about the results until the night before the appointment. I got so stressed that I could barely sleep. I was so exhausted when we went into the appointment. We ended up having to wait an hour to see our doctor which was longer than I could take calmly. I only cried for a few minutes but I still looked red eyed when she finally came in. As soon as she saw I was obviously not doing too great, she asked what was wrong. I told her I was just about ready to explode from stress so she immediately just blurted out that everything was normal and to not worry. I thought it was nice of her to get it right out there. She's had me stop taking the medication she'd given me and now we'll just see what happens. :-)
Rob's been working like a crazy person this week and last. They're doing a big install at work which is always a busy time. They're also having to do a bunch of other things at the same time which they've not really had to do at the same time before. Luckily, he did make it home tonight so he could watch the Stargate:SG-1 series finale. We're VERY glad they're continuing with some DVD movies but we sure are going to miss it every Friday. Rob's been called to be the secretary in the Young Men's program at our church which he's looking forward to. Fortunately, he won't necessarily need to be there at their weekly activities because his schedule is so erratic that it doesn't really conform to things like that so well. He's looking forward to being in YM, though; I don't think he's ever worked in Young Men, although he has taught Sunday School for the youth but that's a little different. He enjoyed that too, though.
We're having lots of fun getting our Primary together in our new ward. It's really fun to have Terri in the presidency with me. We've all turned out to be quite silly and our emails get pretty wild, especially late at night. We've developed a running cage-fighting joke so that's just bad.
We're very excited with some recent news we've gotten. My little sister, Ani, is going to come visit for 3 weeks starting July 3. It'll be so fun to have her around. We already had a trip planned to go visit Leslie so we'll be able to take her down there to visit as well. She'll do the Three Texas Sisters Tour. :-) I sure hope this will be able to happen more often because I really enjoy spending time with her and getting to know her better.
Ok, well I've got a bit of a fever tonight so I'm going to sign off before I stop making sense. Sorry if I misjudged that point. :-)

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Yeah, I think you need to make it extremely clear that your TEST results are normal - you are NOT. Clearly, a cage-fighting champion like you could not be considered normal. You are extraordinary;-)

We're excited for Ani to come too! Maybe the Nightings could climb into her suitcase and come too.

Love you,
Terri

Me said...

I second the Nightings climbing into the suitcase

Charisse said...

Hey Siouxsie,
sorry to hear that you had some stress leading up to hearing your test results! I am glad they are normal. What a relief! I am happy for you :)
I didn't realise that you were in the presidency with Teresa..that must be amusing.
Wow, you are all being appointed in positions!
Oh wow...I didn't realise that Ani was coming to visit. She is your little sister right? That would be very exciting for you all. Enjoy hanging out as sisters....it is fun hanging out with your sisters...I enjoy hanging out with mine (i only have one though).
Love Charisse
Well got to get going.
Love Charisse