Aug 7, 2007

The dehydrator is dead...D-E-D, dead. :-)

Well, my dear sweet dehydrator seems to have gone the way of all the earth...or something. I don't know what you say exactly when a beloved household appliance kicks off so we'll just leave it at that. Rob's not sure it's dead; he says it might only be mostly dead but I'm not so sure. I've already started shopping for the best price on its replacement since I loved it too much to go without one for long. Excalibur dehydrators are just awesome.
Anyway, it looks like Rob's work schedule is going to change for a while, which we're quite excited about. For at least a couple of weeks, but probably some longer, he's going to drop back to the same schedule he had at Intel--12 hours shifts on Thurs, Fri, Sat and every other Wed. I LOVE this schedule. I wish he had it all the time so we'll be sure to enjoy it. It makes it so much easier to get to the temple which we'll be sure to take advantage of for however long it's this way. The new schedule actually starts this week so Rob will end up working Mon-Sat this week.
Due to this new arrangement, though, we're hoping to take a fun trip to visit some old and dear friends who recently got in touch with us. It's Travis & Felicite Board whom we met within the first year of our marriage. We lived in the same apartment complex and had highly intertwined lives. Travis had actually served in Rob's mission so they knew of each other a bit but that was about it. The Board's had a TV and we didn't so we bought a VCR and would take turns having it at each other's houses. We ate dinner together a lot. Their sweet little boy, Spencer, was near and dear to us as well. We swam together many evenings and really just were almost like adult siblings or really close cousins or something. It was a very special time in our married lives that we cherish so it was so fun to hear from them. Sweet baby Spencer is about to turn 16!! They also have twin girls who just turned 13 and another not-so-little boy who will be 12 at the end of the year. Kyrie fits in right behind their kiddos so a visit should be fun. Since Rob will have Sun-Wed off, we're hoping it will work for us to take a road trip up to visit them. We saw Travis in 2000 in Oregon when he dropped by one evening. Other than that, we haven't seen them since not long after the girls were born. Yikes! That's forever. We really hope this trip goes through.

2 comments:

Charisse said...

Hmm...what is that dehydrator thingy? Hehe
Great that you love Rob's new schedule.
Love Charisse

Becca said...

I was just thinking about Travis and Felicity the other day and wondered if you were in contact with them at all so it's funny that you mentioned them. Where do they live? I'm hoping Logan, Utah. :-) That would be way fun to see them. I can't believe their kids are so old!!! I remember the twins right after they were born. I remember I got to feed Ashleigh a bottle and then I named my doll after her but spelled it Ashley. I hope I'm thinking of the right twins or else I'll look dumb. :-)
That's so nice that Rob gets to do the Intel schedule thing. That would be way nice...unless your husband works at home. Sorry...I might brag about it for awhile. I'll quit eventually but it's still new. hehe.
I hope to hear how it goes with the Boards.
Love you!
Oh and sorry about your dehydrator. I know how much you like those things. You are a master at beef jerky!!