Aug 26, 2007

Recommitting

No, no, I'm not checking into a mental-health facility...at least not today...but I am recommitting myself to writing on this blog at least every Sunday. We'll see how that goes but I'm publicly announcing it in hopes that it will help.
In sacrament meeting last week, they announced that our stake was going to be split today in Stake Conference. I remember back when they used to spring these things on you with no warning but this is good, too. :-) We didn't make it because I'm not feeling so great but we got the news on what happened. As we guessed, our McKinney Stake is now the McKinney Stake & the Allen Stake. What we didn't guess was that isn't not a north/south split; it's an east/west with US-75 as the dividing line. We're not even in the same stake as our original ward we were just split from this summer. It'll be an interesting change that we look forward to watching play out.
We had a fun night last evening. Rob was working all day since he's still on his new temporary schedule. We ended up pushing back our Game Day to a Game Night. We realized that we were actually too late for a late enough night to do some big gaming so we switched it to Movie Night. Only Matt & Jay were able to make it along with their doggy, Taltos. We were sorry no one else could make it but we enjoyed ourselves anyways, so there! :-) My little sister, Ani, came over too so we had a nice group. We were going to watch the Rifftrax on Reign of Fire but something didn't work so we just watched The Transporter (edited) which Matt & Jay had never seen. A good time was had by all, especially the dog who was spoiled rotten by Ani. It was great. We look forward to the sequel.
One last fun thing was that I had the chance to nephew-sit Tylerboy on Friday. This is the first time I've gotten to watch him so it was quite the treat. He and I took a bath which involved more baby cuteness than I've experienced in a long time. Oh my cuteness! Here's a couple of shots of Tylerboy I took with my camera phone.After our bath, he and I played on the couch since my floor isn't quite baby safe. He was so funny. He kept flopping onto the couch and then onto my lap. He was so silly, laughing about every little thing. It was just so adorable. I finally noticed he was blinking very slowly and heavily so I snuggled him up in my arms while we babbled at each other and he got tickled. Then, all of the sudden, he was zonked out.It was achingly sweet. How I love that little boy...and his big sister and all my nieces and nephews. I sure am a lucky auntie.

2 comments:

Secret Agent Crazy-Person said...

Ani more then spoiled that dog. He was in HEAVEN!!!

Charisse said...

Hello my dear,
Teresa explained what a Stake was a long time ago...and I can't remember now...are you able to explain what that is?
Cute pictures of Tylerboy!
Love Charisse