Just when I thought I was going to escape this latest round of yuck, I succumbed!! Ack! Unfortunately, it kicked in right as we arrived at my sister's in San Antonio for a very short visit. I was feverish and loopy most of the time...which I'm not sure actually made me less coherent. ;-) It was so bad that I actually went to the doctor which is not a regular occurrence for me. Rob & I were both diagnosed with acute bronchitis (although I'm pretty sure his is a-cuter than mine because he's just so adorable) but she suspected mine may have progressed into pneumonia. Fortunately, an x-ray ruled that out so hopefully I'll be over this sooner than later.
I have decided that I'm not going to launch into a lengthy tirade over the frustration I feel at being ripped off by my doctor prescribing me a couple of ridiculously expensive versions of medications that have similar options that come in a generic. I'm not going to recount the horrendous coughing fit I had when I started crying at Rob's phone call from the pharmacy with the news that getting 3 out of our 4 medications came up to a co-pay of TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!! I will now remember for always and forever to verify every single prescription and bit of direction I receive during a doctor's visit to be sure that the most rational and reasonable choice was made. I will, also, now smile smugly to myself as I ponder the calm and determined tone of voice I will use during what is likely to be an uncomfortable follow-up visit tomorrow. Not uncomfortable for me, mind you; but for the person whom I will calmly and reasonably discuss my concerns with over several issues that join the prescribing faux pas. I love when I feel this resolved over something because I know I'm going to have so much fun working it out.
I guess this means that we'll be looking for a new doctor.
5 comments:
That's not fun at all--the being sick and the prescriptions. So could you not refuse the expensive prescriptions and ask your lame doctor for the generic brand? That's just crazy that the co-pay would be $200 for 3 of them!! That is so much money, but I think you probably know that. :-)
I'm sorry your sick and that the prescriptions cost so much. That would be really frustrating/annoying.
Good luck getting better, and finding a new doctor.
Love you!
I hope you are all feeling better quickly.
Last month our pediatrician prescribed an antibiotic that ended up costing us $120 for a 5 day course. Ahh!
Hopefully the doctor will apologize and kiss your feet and pay the $200 for you. That is ridiculous. I'm interested to hear what happens tomorrow when you use your man voice and talk to the doctor;-)
Is this your usual doctor, my dear? Or was it your sister's doctor since you were with them visiting? $200 is an awful lot! Wow...I think I would have freaked as well. I hope you feel totally better soon. Being sick is no fun at all.
Alan had an interesting tumble here at home and I wrote about it in my blog. You wil probably find it amusing! If you want to have a read.......
Love you,
Charisse
What a huge bummer! Sorry for all the craziness, but I did love your comment about Rob being the a-cutest! So cute that you still have the hots for your hubby:0)
Post a Comment