Jun 19, 2008

The Project Begins

This is my latest cross stitch project that I've started. I really love to do cross stitch and found my endurance for projects took a huge jump a year or two ago. I went from finishing half a picture during a cross-stitch-obsessed period to finish several small ones and a big one or two. I've gotten myself a very nice frame/stand to use that it makes it much easier to move through pictures quickly. Probably the most helpful thing is that my husband isn't picky about how often the living room gets cleaned up or the fact that his laundry isn't getting put away (although I do get it clean). :-) I thought for this project, it would be fun to post as I do section by section so any other interested parties can enjoy the fun of watching the puzzle pieces come together. It will also motivate me to keep going if I start getting burned out so feel free to nag me if you don't see updated pictures.
Oh, and I was going to title this entry "I'm Done with Jesus" but I felt like that might be misunderstood. ;-) I'm done with cross stitching His image for this project but my testimony of Him is still strong and in no danger of coming to an end.

6 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

You are funny! This is one of our hobbies that we share. I will get into cross stitch jags as well. The picture looks great!

Teresa said...

haha! Yeah, I'm glad you didn't say what you did because that wouldn't been confusing (hey...now I'm confused). It looks great!

Charisse said...

Hi! Yes, I can see how the statement, "I'm Done with Jesus" would cause some misunderstanding.
The picture looks great! That must have taken a long time...well done. I used to do a lot of cross stitching. I do more knitting now. However, I am excited to follow your progress with this hobbie of yours! How exciting. Wow, I checked your journal a lot and then all of the sudden I miss some days and there are now heaps of entries. I better go through them all!
Love Charisse

Tonya said...

I am impressed! I think the last time I did a cross stitch was in high school...a pig in a turkey costume. I think I got a good grade:0) Good job!

J D C and N said...

That's cool you like to cross stitch! And I think your previous title is pretty funny. hehe It turned out really well.

Holly said...

Siouxsie! It's so fun to see y'all's blog! I can't wait to keep up with what y'all are up to! We'd love to see you guys sometime too...I don't think you are that far away from us!?