Dec 6, 2008

And somehow it's already December

I'm not sure how it's already December but apparently it is. Well, here's the little recap of a few of November's highlights.
Here is Kyrie. She decorated her first really tricked out cake by herself. Rob helped her with some of the frosting manufacture but the rest of it was all her. It really came out nice.
Here's Kyrie hogging her sweet little cousin, Vee. Matt & Jay, we just want you to know that you have our full support in the production of more children at your convenience. ;-)
Rob & Emma at Dallas World Aquarium.
Kyrie got to go to the Dallas Temple to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. Rob went with her. She really enjoyed her experience there and looks forward to return trips. I can't believe my baby is old enough to go to the temple!
Here's Kyrie after her stylin' hair cut and, well, style, by Tiina Smith. Doesn't she look adorably grown up?

As my faithful readers know, we had a lovely and exciting visit to San Antonio to help Leslie's family welcome baby #5 and have a delightful Thanksgiving. My earlier posts had lots of Tabitha pictures so I just decide to skip to the shake-it-down dance Josh and the kids were doing. This helps make more room for more turkey, supposedly. Hmm. Well, it made it entertaining photo regardless of its effectiveness. ;-)

I went insane and decided to brave the Black Friday crowd for some awesome pricing on flannel for making many baby blankets. It turned out that the crowd wasn't that bad but the store was insanely incapable of handling it. I ended up in line for about 1-1/2 hours waiting to get my flannel cut. Here's a picture of my baskets: 
I've been thoroughly enjoying my 194 yards. I've got 14 blankets cut out so far and am sewing, daily sewing, countless seams... ;-)
Okay, and I couldn't resist. Here's one more gratuitous Tabitha photo. She's in a darling flannel blanket from Lauralyn.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the shift into Christmas...because I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!

7 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

I LOVE Christmas too. There is just a happiness in the air.

I bet all of your sister' kids think Kyrie is the coolest cousin ever.

Siouxsie said...

It is true that they do. She has lots of fun with them and they adore her. It makes up for her being an only child surprisingly well. ;-)

Teresa said...

Kyrie's hair looks super cute like that! Her cake looks most awesome as well:-)

Great photos! Taby(sp?) is so cute...and Vee of course is too!

Charisse said...

I LOVE Christmas as well! Ha! You guys have certainly been very busy.
Question: what is involved with the baptisms of the dead?
Well I need to get to bed! I LOVE Christmas! I am excited!
Love you,
Charisse

Becca said...

What's Kyrie doing looking so grown up? It's amazing how much she looks like you and how much she looks like an Elieson! Very interesting, although not surprising.
I hope to see more pictures of Vee, even if she's not related to me, I like seeing pictures of her, she's very pretty and cute!
I just love the fabric picture! That's proof alone that your a crazy lady!

Siouxsie said...

Of course I'm the crazy lady; it's what I do best. ;-) It is funny to see how much our family & Rob's family can cross over in looks because you wouldn't necessarily think so. I don't know if you have Jay's blog but it's jaelie.blogspot.com and it has fun updates on Vee and a link to more photos. We're teaching them to be photos nuts but they're learning slowly. ;-)

sclewis said...

I love the hair style!!! So pretty.