So, I have a few things to focus on for the New Year but they're kind of the usual things so I won't go into that here. I did come up with a goal for this year that I wanted to share, though, as well as invite others to participate if they're interested. As my readers know, I'm heading down the dark and twisted path known as digital scrapbooking. I know many of you have fallen into that lifestyle from which there is no escape and I salute you as fellow...whateverers. Anyway, I was watching the scrapbooking show on BYU-TV since they have digital scrapbooking segments that can be fun and saw something else of interest. In the 2007 season, they had a scrapbooking guru lady do little inspiration segments. I really enjoyed her reminders of the point of scrapbooking--capturing memories, not just piling stuff on photos. She also had fun ideas of some specific projects that were a little more doable than just scrapbooking the whole year or your child's entire life. Those are good too but I'm looking for something a little smaller in scope to really get my feet wet with. So here's the idea that I'm in love with for the year and to which I invite any interested parties whether they digi-scrap or are traditional scrapbookers.
12 on 12 for 12
This scrapbook project covers one year so now is the perfect start time. The goal is to capture a picture of your every-day life in between the big events that we usually cover pretty well. So on the 12th of each month, keep your camera handy and take 12 pictures throughout the day, capturing the moments of your day. On one of the page samples Stacy showed on the show, she had pictures of her kids, lunch sacks for the lunches she'd done that day, a book she was reading, a pretty flower she's seen, etc. They were all arranged on one page with one photo as the centerpiece. Then, the other 11 photos are arranged around the big one. She chose a 2"x2" size for those ones. The page on the other side is to journal just a simple telling of what actions/events the pictures represent. So every month will be a 2-page spread with one photo page with 12 pix & 1 page of journaling. I think it will make a really neat finished project. I'll be posting mine and would love to see the pages from anyone else who decides to give it a go.
Happy New Year and best wishes for greater happiness & joy for all your families in 2009.
3 comments:
I love this idea and I'm doing it. I will put mine on my blog using Mosiac Maker. It's such a great idea. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what you are doing on the 12th!
I haven't made the transition to digital yet...I'm scared to! Hey, will you please email me (holly@mackillop.com) your mailing address? I'm actually just now getting my cards/letters out! It's all good....that just seems to be how life is right now!
I love that idea. It sounds very clever indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Happy New Year my love,
Love Charisse
Post a Comment