Well, we finally got the news on the final arrangements for Rob's trip to Japan. Blech. It is true that I've overcome my psychosis about having him gone overnight but that doesn't change that I just simply like him a a lot and don't feel the least bit excited to have him gone for THREE WEEKS!!! You guys have all seen how cute he is; can you blame me? :-) Of course, then you have the factor in that whole best-husband-I-could-have-imagined thing and I'm just totally out of luck. He'll be leaving on March 30 around noon. It's a 13-hour flight to Tokyo where he'll have a 4-hour layover to take a 2-hour flight to Fukuoka to take a 45-minute drive to Kurome. Sounds exciting doesn't it? And on his way home, he'll have the fun of leaving Tokyo around 11 in the morning on a Saturday and arriving in DFW at 9:00 that same Saturday morning. Time travel does so exist!!
Kyrie and I are planning on a trip up to Utah to visit some of my side of the family. This will be the first time Kyrie will fly when she can remember. She flew as a baby once (or maybe twice) but, of course, doesn't remember it. She's very excited. It'll be a good diversion for part of the time Rob's gone. We're the most excited about seeing the other baby nephew, Elliot, whom we haven't seen since he was less than 2 months old, I think. It'll be so fun to hear him squeal and giggle in person.
One of the fun things we'll enjoy about Rob going back to Japan a 2nd time (which is very unusual for his company, btw) is that we know what he should bring back. He's going to pack an extra suitcase in his suitcase for the fun extras we'll have him bring home. One funny thing he'll be getting is a book that I found online...but only through Amazon in Japan. I was looking for a book of origami dollhouse furniture. I had one when I was about Kyrie's age and loved it. I foolishly sold it at a garage sale when I was about 12. I remember how to make 5 or 6 things out of it but that's it. So I found a book with even cuter furniture but only sold in Japan. So when Rob gets there he's just going to order it on Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel. Woohoo for me! Luckily this is one of those things that being not in English isn't really a problem because I can just look at the pictures. Fun, fun, fun.
Well, that's about it. Just finally had specific news on the Japanese trip. :-)
:-) Siouxsie
And now for an inexact quote that made me laugh:
"And don't think you can just buy me a guitar every time you screw up."
"No, of course not. But there's always drums and bass...and perhaps even one day, a tambourine."
3 comments:
Cool! Japan again!? Hm. I need to make a list of stuff I want, too! ^_~ I'll see yall on Saturday!
Origami dollhouse furniture sounds TOO cute!
We can come read my blog if you want to. I think it's terribly boring, but occasionally complete strangers come on and tell me how awesome I am, so, eh, there's no accounting for taste, I suppose.
I can't believe you've lived here like a year and a half and we STILL haven't gotten together. I am NOT feelin' the love.
Let me know when you come to UT, we should get together. I miss you all. Have a great time in Japan.
Post a Comment