Feb 9, 2007

Well, we've been having lots of fun today with Hatty & Rea temporarily joining our madhouse. Their Jedi powers continue to grow and one day they will dominate our ferrets but until then they're enjoying their coloring time and trying to get Aunt Siouxsie to tickle them. (It ain't hard.) As you can see, Hatty's gone a little crazier than expected but it's been highly amusing. While she's making all of these faces, she's holding Kinder the Ferret in her arms. There will be more of those pictures up on our picture site for those who are interested. I got one of Rea but she's all blurry. I guess she was using her "Make-Myself-Blurry" power that will one day develop into invisibility which will be useful, I'm sure; it doesn't make for good picture taking, though.

I would like to share this written re-enactment of a gummi-bear-related discussion I had with Rea (5yo) today:

(Siouxsie hands Rea a yellow gummi bear because that is Siouxsie's least favorite color and little kids don't know better. Rea puts gummi bear in her mouth.)
R: Siouxsie, these are chewy.
S: Yep.
R: I chew on them with my teeth, right?
S: Yep.
R: Because they're really chewy, right?
S: Yep.
R: Is it good to eat Care Bears?
S: You mean gummi bears?
R: Yeah, cuz they're chewy, right?
S: Yep.
R: It's good that I can swallow them, right?
S: Yep.
R: Cuz you can chew them with your teeth, right?
S: Yep.
R: I'm really good at swallowing them, right?
S: Yep.
R: Because I'm bigger than Hatty, right?
S: Yep.
R: And they're so chewy.

It was a very existential conversation. One day, I may become enlightened enough to know what we were really talking about. :-)
Thanks again, Leslie, for sharing a couple of your kids.

2 comments:

Becca, Dan & Elliot said...

That is hilarious!! I love the conversation about gummi bears. It seems so entertaining to think like little kids do....not saying I think like a litle kid, but it would be interesting. Love you lots.

Teresa said...

haha!!! That's hilarious! Rea is such a goofball. I like your part in the conversation. I also liked Hatty commenting about Emma when she was supposed to be talking about food or something. You should write that out too because its hilariouss and would be fun to remember.