One other particularly funny thing that happened with the girls staying with us occurred while eating lunch one day. Hatty (3yo) is at the age where she talks a lot but there is still a significant percentage of her speech that is not legible. :-) So, I'd made some lunch and everyone was sitting and eating. Hatty kept mumbling something and I was trying to figure it out. Did she want milk? Did she need a different fork? Was something wrong with her sandwich? After about four attempts, I told her she'd just have to speak up or I couldn't help her. She looked at me and said, "Emma has no thumbs." I said, "Yes, that's right." And lunch continued on. Children are so random.
We're also very excited that it's almost 100% for sure that Leslie & her family will be moving to San Antonio, not New Orleans. Woohoo!! Of course, we'd prefer them to stay local but we'll smile and be happy with this. Josh was flown out to San Antonio this past weekend to interview and see the area. He likes the hospital and the people he'd be working with. He was just feeling very strongly that this would be the right place. They offered him the job at ok pay. It wasn't quite as much as New Orleans but the cost of the living is SOOOO much cheaper in San Antonio that it was fine. It's a state job so it has great benefits. It looks like they'll be in the NW area of SA. Now, whenever Rob gets sent to Austin for more training, Kyr & I can just go spend the day with Leslie's family. Viva la training! This will also make our treks to the Alamo a nice experience since we'll have them to go visit as well.
Now, if we could only get my parents & little sister to move to, oh, say, Houston, perhaps. Hmm. I guess we'll see how that turns out. :-)
1 comment:
That's a good idea! Lets see if we can get mom/dad/ani to move to houston. What does hatty mean that emma has no thumbs...why didn't anyone tell me this? Maybe that's why she's flippin' people off all the time.
Post a Comment