As some of you may know, I've not been great at finishing home projects some of the time. My kitchen walls are a shining example of this flaw. As soon as we closed on the house, I painted a bunch of our walls. Our living room is olive green and I had a funky blue color I wanted in the kitchen that would make for an interesting color combo. Alas, it was not to be. The blue was not the right color and I liked it less and less as time went by. I decided to just do a darker version of our living room color which I liked more and more as time went by. As you can see in the picture below, I got part of it painted because we were going to move our chinchillas' cage into the dining area and it needed to be done first. For close to probably 2 years, it has existed in this state of half-redone-ness. A few months ago, I went and bought the paint for the final color...and it served as a doorstop since then. A couple of weeks ago, Rob volunteered to paint the kitchen for me. Isn't he sweet? Unfortunately the scheduling didn't work out until today. We are so happy it's done but we have never painted so many coats of paint on one set of walls in our lives!! It took FOUR freaking coats of paint to get it solidly red with no olive or blue peeking through. Eek gads, man!! It was crazy. A couple of spots required a little more even but we are SOOOOOO happy with our pretty walls. The red actually matches our couch cover in the living room as well as a few other accents so it's nice. Most importantly, it's OVER!! Thank you, Painter Boy for all you did today!! Rob was so sweet and did all the bits I didn't want to do...along with everything he could get to before I could. I love that boy!
And I realize that one of these shots is showing the before & after of not quite the same part of the kitchen but it was too late.
8 comments:
Way cool! I can't wait to see it in person:-)
oh, that's beautiful! i seriously LOVE it, but am not brave enough to do it myself.
guess yesterday was truly the day to do home decorating! great minds think alike!!
Ooo. I do like the red! I agree about the blue, too. It just didn't seem to work. The dark olive was ok, but the red rocks.
It looks great! I remember you used to say white walls are for wimps. There's no wimpiness at your house.
I LOVE the red kitchen!!!!! Nice choice of color. It looks great with the black appliances.
Very nice!! I love it! I've always agreed with you that white walls aren't cool (that's why I love these apartments, we can actually paint the walls!). Good choice of colors. I love it when people are willing to do something other then beige or just one boldly painted wall. It's so much more fun to go in a house that is painted fun with bold colors. Good job!
I didn't realize till seeing these pictures that I haven't seen the inside of your house. I like it. You have it nicely done. I really like the black appliances and they stand out in a fun way with the painted walls.
My dear, the new walls look LOVELY! I love the deep red colour. Well done to the both of you!
Love Charisse
So when are you coming to paint my walls? I hate choosing colors. I love the red! Much better than the blue.
Post a Comment