Sep 15, 2008

Doctor Who (hey) & TARDIS

As some of you may or may not know, my offspring has developed her own latest & greatest obsession. It's Doctor Who (particularly Doctor #10 played by David Tennant). Now, Rob & I hadn't had much experience with Doctor Who before the current series that started in 2005 but have definitely enjoyed the sharp writing and witty repartee. I will confess however, that there have been a couple of episodes that were spooky enough to make me leave the living room light on when I went to bed. A few months ago, Kyr asked if there were any episodes she could watch...and so it began. There are a fair number of them that we don't let her watch due to the fact that we like her to be able to sleep in her own room but many of them have been absorbed by her brain now. I think she could show The Doctor a thing or two about how to work the TARDIS & the proper way to handle a sonic screwdriver. She's been hunting thrift stores with Rob to put together her Doctor ensemble. We'll see how that goes. But Rob did an awesome job putting together a picture showing Kyrie fully engaged in her newest interest that I thought ya'll would get a kick out of. All we can say is...FANTASTIC!! Here is Kyr (in her Stargate camo jacket) & TARDIS.

SGKyr UnitTardis

7 comments:

Tonya said...

I have NO CLUE what this is, but it sound fun. I like a good scary show as long as it doesn't involve spirits of any kind:0)

Becca said...

I don't really know what you're talking about but I do know that Kyr looks pretty cool (or pretty and cool)! :-) I like her jacket too.

Secret Agent Crazy-Person said...

I do love the lighting on this picture :-) We went outside to take the picture of me and it was really bright (which is why I am squinting a bit) outside.

Melissa-Mc said...

My boys are obsessed with this as well. They are in the middle of the 3rd season. Oh dear.

Charisse said...

Doctor Who? Is that the old tv show? If it is not, then I am unsure but the picture is very cool! Hehe....
Love Charisse

Teresa said...

I'm a little lost too...hehe...but it sounds like fun!! Love the photo of Kyrie;-)

Vicky said...

What? People don't know Dr. Who? That's what happens when you don't watch Public Television. Dr. Who has long been known for TERRIBLE special effects and WONDERFUL imaginative plots. I'm proud that my granddaughter has such good taste.