Sep 19, 2008

Campouts :-(

Rob is the Young Men's secretary in our ward which is a calling he really enjoys. We have a small but growing group of boys that he enjoys being with. Tonight, they are having a special leadership-oriented campout that he is attending. As some of you may know, I have long struggled with SERIOUS issues with Rob being away from me overnight but it's gotten much better. I still would go through a great deal to avoid it but can handle it much better than I used to do, especially if it's just one night and it's not in JAPAN! So, I am without my favorite body pillow tonight as he gets to sleep in a tent 30 miles away...without an air mattress. At least, not an inflated one cuz he forgot the pump. Ha, ha! Anyway, he sent me a pretty picture on his phone that I thought I'd share. Maybe, once it's a lot colder, I'll have to go see this place in person. I'll just have to be sure to not watch anything vaguely creepy or suspenseful tonight so I'll have some hope of falling asleep by myself. :-)

robcampout

Also, one other cute little picture from the other day when Rob and I had lunch with Terri's family. I'd been babysitting Tylerboy and brought him along. When we got to the restaurant, we hung out for a few minutes while we waited for everyone else to show. I got Tyler out of his car seat and he climbed up to the front with me. I was going to snuggle him on my lap and let him "drive" but he insisted on climbing in the front passenger seat like a big boy. He's so freakin' cute!! (Both of these pictures are from camera phones so sorry if they seem a little grainy.)

0912081241

5 comments:

Becca said...

That doesn't sound very fun at all. The picture of TS is adorable!!! That's a great shot!

Darilyn said...

That place looks gorgeous. Are both of them seriously taken with camera phones? Beautiful.

Tonya said...

So, how did you survive without your favorite body pillow? I hope you got some ZZZZ's. The place he went camping looks gorgeous!

Charisse said...

Ha! I hope you slept well this night that your man was gone. Beautiful picture that he sent and a lovely one of Tylerboy too!
Love ya,
Charisse

Teresa said...

That is a super beautiful place (and funny he forgot his air pump!). Of course, I'm slightly biased, but TS looks So cute!