Sep 2, 2008

Like I Needed Another Obsession!

As many of you may have noticed, I have a bit of a tendency to be slightly obsessive when I get a new interest. I figured that I'd have to get over it once I had a bunch of kids running around the house. Well, our single, well-behaved child hasn't disrupted that anywhere near as much as I'd expected (and kind of hoped). I have learned to temper things some so it's not often that I just stay up all night reading until I finish a book (like last night).  I do cross stitch to the exclusion of all housekeeping at times but for some reason, I'm not counting that. But lately, my brain has been searching for something new and interesting since many of my other hobbies have become like old friends. Well, I have discovered the newest stray interest to add to my hobby zoo...it's digital scrapbooking. Fortunately, this one doesn't really have to be very expensive or clutter causing (praise all that is organized!!) or time consuming. (Yes, I threw that last one in just to see if you were paying attention to what you were reading. Not time consuming! I crack myself up.) I have acquired Photshop Elements 6 and am beginning to learn my way around. One of my new visiting teachers is going to help me get more of the basics under my belt. My sister, Terri, is also getting into this so we'll probably be a dangerous combination. (Think berserkers with computers instead of swords.)

Although, I'm barely into this, I realized that I could scan in my real scrapbook paper to use as digital paper. Did I try one or two to see how it worked? No, I scanned in every sheet of patterned scrapbook paper I could find in my house. I've not really delved into scrapbooking as much as card making so I only had about 150 different sheets. That was so fun that I talked to a paper-craft master at my church to see if she'd be interested in having me scan her paper in and then we'd each get a copy of all of them. I've got approximately 1/10 of her collection (or so my dh says) and it was well over 100 sheets. I think I'm just going to throw this out to all my local friends to see if anyone else wants to join in. If you will lend me your patterned scrapbook paper so I can scan it in, I will give you a copy of the final disc with all participants' paper as digital copies. You will, of course, get your paper back, too. I don't care if you've got 10 sheets or a thousand; I'm game if you are. Also, if anyone would like my cute paper, let me know because I don't intend to use it so I'll let it go cheap.

I should go fix dinner so I can get back to my reading. Curse book series that make you keep reading and reading!!! At least I'm halfway through book 3 with one more to go!!

11 comments:

queen~e said...

Did you know there are TONS of free digital kits out there? You just have to know where to look.

ellielash.com
shabbyprincess.com
peppermintcreative.com
memorymakers site (don't know the url)

And lots more if you just search 'freebie digi scrap kits'

Melissa-Mc said...

I switched to digital scrapbooking about 2 1/2 years ago. It is very addicting. I also like

twopeasinabucket.com

in addition to the above commenters. Have fun.

Jay said...

I think I'm going to have to do the digital scrap-booking thing, too. I'll find my paper (I only ever bought enough to do one scrap book) and have you scan it. ^_^ I don't think I have that many variations, though. Count me IN.

Next up, I have to buy Photoshop Essentials or whatever it's called....

Darilyn said...

I"ve been wanting to do digital scrapbooking for awhile now. I just need someone to hold my hand and show me how.

Becca said...

Definitely sounds like your kind of obsession! :-)

Charisse said...

Ah yes, digital scrapebooking. I don't think I have the time to do it right now. I do normal scrapebooking but only when I am able to get the time. So I do a bit here and there if I can....sounds exciting though!
Love Charisse

Scott-n-Allison said...

Can you post some examples? I'd love to see...


And I LOVE the read kitchen walls!

Tonya said...

I have been so interested in learning how to do digital scrapbooking, but I need another hobby like I need another hole in my head. Though, really I would be doing my part to "preserve my family history", so nobody could get mad at me for undone house work:0)

Teresa said...

Did you really write this six days ago?! Anyway, I can't wait to learn what you're learning. As you alreayd know, I've never really gotten into scrapbooking because it takes so much time getting everything out and prepped and then it s a mess and has to be cleaned up. Having it all digital is SUPER AWESOME!

:-) Love you, Turk

Chelle said...

I love your intro to what your are actually obsessed with. I am the same way with reading. The middle of the night reading is the best, I don't know if I could ever give it up all together.

It sounds like a good obsession, have fun.

jerrlee said...

I have TONS of scrapbooking paper, let me know when you would like it! Jerri